Getting from point A to point B

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Loudmouth2332, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys. So i've put off upgrading to 2.0.x for a while and haven't kept up like I used to on the latest guides and how-tos and info and such but now I think enough stuff has been ported over and enough bugs have been tweaked that I'd like to start to move up. Now no two people have exactly the same path to take to JB their touches so I figured I'd give my situation and either someone could help me out or point me in the direction to be helped out rather then flame me for not searching.

I'm on a mac, I have the latest version of pwnage tool downloaded (2.0.2) and my itouch is currently pwned running a JB 1.1.4. I don't need the firmwares (obviously I couldn't even ask for them here), I can take care of all that myself.

So all I need to know what to do now is how to get from what I have now (1.1.4 JB pwned ipod touch) to a 2.0.2 JB pwned ipod touch? I'm just a little iffy on the whole process. Do I need to work my way up from 2.0.0 to 2.0.2? Do I need to re-pwn my touch? If one were to decide to try and work around paying for the firmware is it a problem to get the new firmware when it updates? Would it just be much easier to buy the latest 2.0 firmware and then work from there?

If anyone could help out or point me in the right direction to a guide or a video or something that would be applicable to my situation I would much appreciate it.

Thanks guys.
  2. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    id upgrade to 2.0.2 then use yiphone, from andydam
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You can only jailbreak 2.0.1 on a mac as of now, there is no QuickPwn .dmg ported to Mac for use with 2.0.2.

You can simply upgrade to 2.0.1, and use the newest version of Pwnage to jailbreak the iPod. You do not need to work your way up, you can stay on JB 1.1.4 until you are ready to restore to the 2.0.1 firmware.
  4. andydam123

andydam123 Member

You spelled it wrong. Its xiphone.
  5. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So like If I have a copy of 2.0.1 I just upgrade to it then use pwnage tool to JB it? Or should I simply create a custom 2.0.1 firmware and then restore to that or do I just restore to 2.0.1 and then run pwnage and that will take care of everything?
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how to get from
    A--------------------------------------------B
    ----------------just simply walk-------------
    ------------------------o
    ------------------------V
    ------------------------|
    A----------------------/\--------------------B

lol( sorry but felt like posting that) lol
  7. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    haha, nice.
  8. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    funny, sure...helpful...not so much.

Anyone else?
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Create the 2.0.1 custom firmware using Pwnage, then put it in DFU and restore to that.

You have to put it in DFU, then you're set.
  10. plokiju

plokiju New Member

just get the new pwnage (it should ask you to update when you open the old one) and follow the instructions. Its very easy and it lets you jailbreak 2.0.2 now