Getting error 14 when restoring iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by darkshadow, Nov 23, 2008.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For the first time since I pwn'd my iPod during 1.1.4 times, I am trying to restore to a unpwn'd ipsw since I can't make one. Eveytime I try I get error 14 what can I do? So far I have

Tried DFU mode
    Tried regular recovery
    Tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and mobile device support
    Rebooting

I can't try a different system since this is the only non virtualized Windows I have access to and this one I only have access to every couple months.

I notice that even after all these tries my custom boot logo still shows up for the second after I turn on my iPod before it goes to the recovery mode picture so it can't be getting far in the restore.

I wish they would update xpwn so I could just use a prepwn'd ipsw. Instead of quickpwn
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Over a hundred attempts attempts and it never worked including 3 different downloads of the stock firmware and it never worked. I got frustrated and *******ed the pre-pwned ipsw made on a Mac and it worked perfect the first time.

I am a little curious on why I can't restore to the stock firmware.
  2. superkent

superkent New Member

i have same problem!! Could you post the link to the ******* you used?? maybe in a personal message... i'm so bored about this!!
  3. xkingx222

xkingx222 New Member

I have the same problem!
    I try to upgrad my ipod to 2.2 but it faild.
    Now I cant do anything with I ´m so bored
  4. superkent

superkent New Member

help help help!!! i NEED tomorrow jailbroken or not i dont care!!
  5. Wipeout55

Wipeout55 New Member

To anybody replying, try manually downloading the firmware (find it on Google, it's there) and DFUing it.

Also, so I don't get owned by a mod, it is illegal to download 2.0 or later without buying it.
    DISCLAIMER!
  6. superkent

superkent New Member

i already tried that.. nothing work.. my ipod still blocked.. i just see the apple logo for 2 seconds and than the restore image (USB + itunes icon)... and i was on 2.1...

edit: now if i use DFU mode itunes says: unknown error 2001 device unknown... GREAT..
  7. stormcruiser

stormcruiser New Member

i also got error14 when i tried to update. anyone has a solution?
  8. BalletJH

BalletJH New Member

try to close your itunes then dfu your ipod
  9. superkent

superkent New Member

nothing change... i tried to restore on windows and the 2001 error goes away... but error 14 block me to restore!! i found the iTunes error log... it says that he found some ARM or AMR error in process 14... anyone know what is??
  10. totototototo

totototototo New Member

For all that had this problem, I have tried a lot of thing (USB cable change, OS change, itunes 8 or 8.02, trying to downgrade to 1.1.4) nothing was accepted, always end with error 14 in itune 8.0.2 or error 6 in itune 8. even iPHUC doesn't work. I have an iPodTouch 1G 16GB.
    I manage to handle that. here what I have done (i don't know what s mandatory or not)
    First of all I install itunes 7.4.2 (see http://mac.oldapps.com/itunes.php) I had an emergency partition with itunes 7.2 but I thinck it is possible to install it even over an itunes 8.
    I tried several firmware download with that version in DFU mode, firware 2.x.x are not accepted at all but when I download the official 1.1.4 (see http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/) it ends with and error BUT the apple logo was still there. So I have restarted with my standard partition and try to use itunes 8.0.2 to restore with 1.1.4 (I have not touch the ipod at all, the Apple logo was still there). And It WORKED....

I write that while I am trying to upgrade to firmware 2.2 again. hope that help