Getting back my Applications

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by Firespray, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Firespray

Firespray Banned

All right I used the Dev JB last night and all my Applications disappeared but if I SSH into my iPod, the folder is still there under /Private/Var/Applications. How would I go about restoring them back onto my iPod? Should I just replace the Applications folder in the / directory with this one or...? I'm really lost on this and have no idea where to look first.
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    if you copied your application folder to your desktop for example seeming that to install an app by ssh all you have to do is copy into app folder, you probably only have to overwrite the application folder on your ipot with the one you backed up.
  3. Firespray

Firespray Banned

Yeah I backed it up before jailbreaking. So I'm guessing I delete the one in that /Private/Var directory then copy it to / and I should be good? What if I had the iPhone apps for 1.1.2 in there, I downloaded iPodTouchMaster's 1.1.3 apps so would this conflict with it?
  4. Firespray

Firespray Banned

Ok tried putting in some of my old App folders into the /Applications folder and the icons popped up after a reboot but the application just crashes after I try to launch it.