Getting back apps you downloaded for free.. but now cost money

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Dec 20, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So i downloaded an app for free but i deleted it (clicked x on it and removed it). I also didnt transfer the 'purchase' to my itunes.

I decided i wanted the app again so i went to go see it in the appstore and apparently it costs money now. If i installed it again (since i got it for free) do i need to pay (since it now costs money)?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

It should be on your iTunes account - try the 'get available downloads' option. Any purchase you make, even the free ones, gets you an invoice as well as a link to your iTunes account. If you didn't buy it yourself (aka: you 'got' it from a friend), then there's no helping it except to wait for it to become free again as a promo or else to buy it.
  3. Appdict

Appdict New Member

I bought Spore Orgins and never backed it up OR got a email saying I bought it but still was charged and can't buy it again because it'd charge me again.

*fail*
  4. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So which answer is correct? X_____X
  5. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    no you wont be charged
    yes im sure
  6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm, I have a question related to this. If you've already bought the app, it should say something like "you have already purchased this app, download it again for free" or something. But for some reason it doesn't say that and you're actually paying for it, is it possible to cancel the download while it's already starting to download?
  7. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

If you purchased it and received an invoice, then you should not pay for it again.
    You must log in which is considered an agreement to the purchase BEFORE you download, so if you do proceed and cancel, it is considered a purchase. If you do download it again, then it should be considered a previous purchase and will not be charged.