getting apps from different computers?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by mikeyflips, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mikeyflips

mikeyflips New Member

ok, so i downloaded a good bit of apps from app store on my gfs comp and now im at home and just purchased one and want to add it, but it says it will erase whatever isnt on this computer.

i saw someone had posted a thread like this, but was yelled at before a straight answer was really given. its prob a dumb question, but if i sync, will i lose anything? or just gain the one app i just paid for?
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Do you guys share itunes accounts? If so then you can just sync apps, and it should transfer the apps to your computer, and visa versa. But the computer has to authorize.

If you guys have different accounts then you cannot sync the apps, or it will be delted.
  3. mikeyflips

mikeyflips New Member

yea, same account. i verified hers when i was over there, and mine has always been. just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to lose anything.

thanks alot
  4. nfs8932

nfs8932 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i also have a similar problem i used to maintain all my music and apps from a different computer until it died on me i am now using another computer with itunes on it and i want to transfer my apps from my iphone to the computer when i press sync it comes up with the message "are you sure you want to sync application? All existing applications and their data on the iphone #### will be replaced with applications from this itunes library."
    i have quite a few apps and i dont want to risk losing them all it would really suck
  5. Ximen

Ximen New Member

• Ads, referrals, or unapproved links
    Hello! welcome to online shop www.shoes-trader.com

Online Shop for you Low price! high-quality!! good prestige!!!

we can supply low price with high quality products.You can view our website for the details.
    Thanks for your reading , pls email us if u have any questions about business .

We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.
    Your satisfactions,Our pursuit!
    Please Email me to get discount!!
  6. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well my mom and i both have ipod touches, and we share an account too. So, if she buys an app i want or vice versa, on different computers, then i can just go to the appstore and click 'buy app' on the app that she already bought, and i get, "You have already purchased this app, would you like to download again for free?" So just try buying it again and it should give it to you for free if it was already purchased on your account
  7. nfs8932

nfs8932 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i rather not have to re download every thing i have quite a few pages of apps
  8. hybridkit

hybridkit New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I had the same problem. Sync my iphone and lose one app that is not on itunes store anymore (myrail lite). But I still have it in my itouch, just wondering how to transfer it over

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Copy the apps over with a memory stick or something, then put them in and it will say authorize, then just put in your password.
  10. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    copy the apps through ssh