getting an itouch soon, have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by computer_geek_19, Oct 28, 2007.

1. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Hello, I am going to get a ipod touch 16gb soon but I am wandering if I get a new sealed one from ebay will apple still replace the unit if its defective? also I am planning to take my itouch on trips and I am wondering what would be a good external battery for the touch (I don't want any of the ones that uses AA batteries, maybe one with a lithium)

sorry if this is not the correct place to post this. plz move it to the correct place if its not in the right place.
  2. kyledylanconner

kyledylanconner New Member

I bought my 3rd iPod (Video 30GB) off of ebay brand new, it was never taken out of the box. I received it, and when I opened it the click wheel didn't always seem to work correctly. I called the Apple store and asked about replacing it, and I told them that it was brand new (or as I was told) and that the click wheel didn't seem to be working correctly, and I asked them if it could be replaced. They asked me when I bought it and if it was from them or a store like Best Buy. I told them that I purchased it off of ebay, and they said that they were unable to replace it.

That's what happened with me, but you never know what they may say. I think the chance of it being defective though is pretty slim. So, I wouldn't worry.
  3. Hunid Racks

Hunid Racks New Member

You should have told them it was a gift and you didn't have a receipt. Could have helped. Definately a better story than telling the truth

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. win2000b

win2000b New Member

u just goto the apple website put in the serial number and it will tell u how long is left on the warranty. Done this with a nano i bought from ebay.

They just picked it up and repaired it, didn't even ask for any proof of purchase.

If the manufacture date is older than a year, and you bought it less than a year then your out of luck unless u have a store receipt proving otherwise.