Getting an iPod Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by brendanm, Dec 17, 2008.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

First off I wouldn't mind stating that I like these forums, very dedicated, very clean and tasteful and not too mention filled (Just like a hooters meal! Mm... Hooters

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, let's cut down the chit chat and get down to business.

My name is Brendan, I'm 15 years old and for Christmas I'm asking for an iPod Touch, anyone that I can get I'd be happy with. The only other iPod I have is an iPod 5G Video, it's not in the best of shape and I've had it for a few years and I'm looking for something new, more advanced and more capable of keeping up with my technological demanding life.

The features I value out of this iPod Touch:

Full HTML Browsing
    Various applications including games
    Photos
    Videos
    Touch Screen
    Music

There's much, much more that I value and much more that I should discover. Now it's not certain I'm getting one but when I do I want to get the most out of it!

I don't mind jail-breaking it if I knew more info about it, I'm an experimenter with technology... Always have been and always will be. I've modified my Motorola Krzr K1/s with a Rogers firmware before but Rogers firmwares arn't as easy to mod as I thought and I blew my phone but luckily those morons thought it was a "Software Glitch" and gave me a new one, without charge.

I also used iPod Wizard and various themes and firmware hacks for the iPod Video I currently have.

I've also modded my notebook computer, that didn't turn out so good- Corrupted and faulty hard-drive aftwards.

So hear I am folks, this is what I'm looking for.

Basically I need your information on the iPod Touch, how to keep it alive longer and working at it's fullest potential, free apps, free wallpapers or themes or anything else to make it funner and more interesting.

I'm also looking for general information, you know, that stuff you guys have and love to have or love to know about yours!

One IMPORTANT thing:

Set-Up after un-boxing; I've only got a Compaq Presario V2000 notebook right now as I'm in Florida and I can't/won't update the SP or anything else so I need a way to install music, videos, photos and aps without XP SP2

When I get home I need away of transferring a back-up of my iPod Touch to my other two computers- A desktop and another notebook with Vista on it, good machine.

I'm in Florida for another month, this is why I'm loading this sh*t onto my grandmothers laptop.

So far all I have is latest iTunes, latest Videora and that's it.

I don't know how to rip DVD's to the iPod Touch yet, someone can fill me in on that?

Look, this is lengthy as hell and I appreciate your help. Go get yourself a coffee

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Firstly please don't expect people to work for you for free. If you want us to post links to all the things you have asked we could do but why shouldn't you search for your answers here first. Most of your questions will have been answered in this forum somewhere.

Read these threads,

**BIG LIST OF GUIDES AND FAQS**

GENERAL STUFF
    iPod Touch Power, Battery Life & Conservation
    The iPod touch User's Manual - by spoonforknife
    iPod Touch Tricks & Tips
    iPhone and iPod Touch Bible

APPSTORE
    Appstore Cheap/Free Apps That Don't Suck

JAILBREAK RELATED
    iPod touch Firmware 2.2 Jailbreak
    Setting Up WinSCP *Noob Guide*
    The Ultimative Sources List [FW 2.x.x]

CONVERTING VIDEO
    Teslanaut's Thread on Video Converting
    iPodME Video Converter (built by an IPTF member)

OTHER STUFF
    Read Comics on your iPod Touch
    Reading Ebooks
  3. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    wow studangerous... that's really impressive
  4. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Thanks StuDangerous!

& How was this hi-jacked?

& What about IM App's for the iTouch, are they free? Do they steal passwords and accounts? Is there a way of getting them without jailbreaking?
  6. mbuc91

mbuc91 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    IM+ Lite
    AIM
    are some examples.

The best I've heard of is Nimbuzz, but I've only used it on my old cell phone.
  7. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh and of course Music always comes last on the iPod Touch right? =)