Getting an iPod Touch Soon!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maxxdout, Nov 16, 2009.

1. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

I recently sold my Nintendo NES on eBay for $50. My iPod nano is on eBay right now, going off Wednesday night, and I hope to get around $100 for it.

This means, I will be able to finally get a refurb 8gb Touch from Apple: http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB528LL/A

It apparently comes with a brand new outer case and a brand new battery. It may be a refurb but it sounds new to me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Can't wait to get it!!!

Anyone else have a refurbed iPod Touch? And do you think my 8gb 4th gen Nano will go for around $100? I searched around and most of them are in the range of $80-$100. I have several clear cases and it's in mint condition(always kept it on my Belkin Acrylic case. I would post a link to the auction but I am not too sure if I am permitted to do so. Time to read the rules again

Thanks,

maxx

2. JakeJumpsHigh

JakeJumpsHigh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Idk about the nano for $100 but I got a refurbed and its like brandnew
  3. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Well the Nano is already at $70 with 10 bids and still has one day left

Glad to hear the refurb's are good.

I already bought a rubber case for the Touch, it's the first thing I'm gonna do to it after I take it out of the box. When I got my 1st gen nano a few years ago, the back was scratched to hell within 2 days :O
  4. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I seriously don't wanna be raining on your parade, but when I got a refurbed iPod touch, I had some bad experiences.

The power button was noticeably worn in. It didn't have the distinctive click it should. It was VERY easy to push down and it wasn't very nice. The chrome back also had minor scratches on it, which you wouldn't find on a new one. This could've been just mine, so don't think yours will come like this also.
  5. effectsdude79

effectsdude79 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, if your going to get one don't waste your money on a refurb.
  6. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Well according to Apple's site, it comes with a brand new outer shell, but I do understand about the button being worn out.

It comes with a 1 year warranty so if something were to go wrong, I could just send it in and get another refurb.

This happened with my Nano. The Refurb actually performed better than my original Nano(more responsive click wheels).

I understand what you are saying, but I am willing to take a chance

7. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, a refurb iPod can save you loads of $$$... Of course, like what TwisteDraiN and effectsdude mentioned, there is a risk in purchasing a refurbished unit though... But since it still has a warranty, that helps a lot if problems arise...

Enjoy your upcoming iPod touch, mate!

8. hazardc0r3

hazardc0r3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It all depends on where you're buying the Refurb from.
    Getting the refurb from Apple sounds legit enough to not worry about anything.
  9. maxxdout

maxxdout Active Member

Nano goes off on eBay at 9PM tonight. Up to $71 so far.

I checked Apple's site again and the 8gig 2nd gen is out of stock. I might wait a little longer and get a 16gb or I might look on ebay to see what the prices are on new/refurbs there(as long as there is a warranty