getting an ipod touch for xmas

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by scarfacesam317, Nov 4, 2008.

1. scarfacesam317

scarfacesam317 New Member

ok so i have a zune as of now but i am getting a 16g ipod touch for xmas. ive been doing a lot of research and i have some questions with jailbreaking.

first of all, i understand that 2nd gen itouches as of now, can not be jailbroken. do you think they will be by xmas this year? if not, will apple only be selling the 2nd gen ipod touches or would i be able to still get a 1st gen one so i can jail break it? or could i buy a 2nd gen ipod touch and then downgrade the software? or how does that work?

now i have some questions about VNC. so i see there is an app in the app store called like Mocha VNC or something like that. is that the same thing as the VNC you would put on your jailbroken ipod touch? which one is better? or is there any differences? also, when hooking up VNC on your ipod touch (i dont know about the mocha VNC in the app store) i understand that you download the program on your computer and go through that process and then enter that computer's ip address in the settings for VNC when you add a computer, but if i wanted to add another computer, would i need to download the VNC program on THAT computer too or would i just need that computer's ip address for adding another computer on my ipod touch?

and i have a couple questions about voip. is it worth getting? how can you speak with no microphone? anything i need to know about this program?

and could anyone tell me about some cool, useful or fun apps for a jailbroken ipod touch BESIDES mxtube, customize, summerboard, tap tap revolution, Islsk, the iphone apps, and the NES emulator?

thank you.
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i know nothing about VNC but if the 2g can be downgraded to 1.x.x you still wouldn't be able to jail break. u can get a 1g from apple here i do think that the 2g will be jail broken by xmas though well at least i hope so
  3. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

1. you should probably wait and see if the 2nd Gen iPod will be jailbroken, and if you by it, you wont be able to downgrade. but if you do, there is no point becuase it still cant be jailbroken.

2. Mocha VNC is better from the app store becuase there is one in the JB version that you can controll your ipod from your PC or mac. I clearly dont know how that works.

3.to use VIOP you have to buy a microphone and register an account which is free for 30 days i think.

and if you want to call poeple just get an iPhone 3G
  4. Kontents

Kontents New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Just hang tight man. If you get the 1G instead of the 2G you may be disapointed if the 2G JB comes out a month after.
  5. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

no matter what you do the second gen ipod touch cannot be jailbroken right now but you can but an old one refurbished straight from apple or from various stores

vnc for jailbroken and nonjailbroken ipods are the same i recommend teleport (its name got changed)
    available here
    its expensive but it works well and no software is required other than the app

you can do it on any computer if you have their IP address but the computers on your network automatically show up

one of my favorite jailbroken apps is pocket touch made by SkylarEC
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46238
  6. ThrowAway

ThrowAway New Member

No one can answer that question. It may never be JB'n. And if it ever is JB'n I hope it's as easy as JB'ing a 1g because maybe the longer it takes to find an exploit (if ever) the harder it will be for the average person to utilize it.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1. No, cant be downgraded
    2. I was expecting a jailbreak by early nexy year, so xman is a good target
    3. You'll love the 2g even if it cant be jailbroken, take me word for it
    4. But, believe me, I want that 2g jailbreak too ^_^