iPhone 3G Getting an iPhone 3G (Rogers!)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMM1993, Jun 14, 2009.

1. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

Yo,

I've had an iPod Touch 2G For a bit now, it's jailbroken and rockin' solid. I'm getting an iPhone 3G Friday. I need your help, I'm jumping the ship to it... So, here we go: Answers these, please?

1. How do I jailbreak it? - I'd appreciate links, however, only for the 3.0 OS! (It'll be legit after Friday... So, wait til then for the link if you must!)

2. What are some must have themes, apps and utilites e.t.c?

3. How do I save the precious battery life? - I need my phone to be on between 8AM-10PM working, perfectly.

4. Will the OS 3.0 enable video taking and editing with the camera built in?

5. Will 500MB data be enough? - I'll download basically all apps from the computer, as the 3G Coverage doesn't reach the places I spend my time mostly.

Thanks for all your help

Please Register or Log in to view images

Brendan
  2. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

Can anybody reply to this, please?
  3. 1. The jailbreak will be available on the day of release, I think. (3.0 that is) check this thread for more info. (Can't remember what it said exactly).
    2. Cycorder is probably a good idea; it's a video recording thing for the iPhone by the way.. Themes would be the same as the ones on the iPod Touch 2G check out our Themes & Customization Forum for more themes etc. Not sure on other apps because I don't have an iPhone but all iPod Touch 2G apps work on the iPhone so whatever you like on there.
    3. Turn down the brightness if you are going to have it on a lot incase you forget make sure it has a quick autolock set (i.e. 1-3 mins). If you don't need Push notification (where it notifies you automatically on e-mails etc) then turn those options off. Can't think of any other things at this moment... Oh yea turn off 3G/Wi-Fi if you don't need it which would help.
    4. No it does not but as mentioned before you can use Cycorder, although people are thinking that you'll be able to port it from the iPhone 3G when the jailbreak is available for it which will probably not be for quite a while.
    5. I would get more if I were you, personally I think I'd use easily more than a GB a month. But for your needs which you mentioned it'll probably be enough I'd check other peoples opinions on that if I were you.
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Which country do you reside in? Canada or the United States?
  5. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

Are you getting the 3G or 3GS?