Getting a PS3 - Game ideas?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Germany, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Germany

Germany Banned

I'm going to buy a PS3 in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for game ideas and possibly some accessory ideas. What should I get with it?

First off, I'm going to get FIFA 10 for sure. I'm going to buy one other game to start off with because I don't have money trees. I was thinking something like MW2 or KZ2 but I'd probably get raped out of my mind. What do you guys think? Also, some accessory ideas would be nice. Thanks.
  2. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    little big planet
  3. NinetyFour

NinetyFour Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!!
    Yes, you'll get raped outta your mind the first couple week(s), but after that, you'll get hooked. And it has so much replay value. For me personally, the only games I have for my XBox are NHL 10 and Modern Warfare 2, and I'm not even bored yet.
  4. Germany

Germany Banned

NHL 10 would be fun too. I'll have to watch some reviews and read up on it. I don't have much FPS experience. I used to be pretty good at Halo 2 but haven't played any FPS consistently for the past year or so. Are you sure I won't get raped for longer than a few weeks? Killzone 2 is a better game in my opinion but it swears so much my family probably won't let me play it around them. Haha.
  5. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it depends. if you can pick up on it than no if not yes but you will still have fun. but the one thing you do if your pissed is noob tube
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, if we're looking for exclusives, definitely pick up Metal Gear Solid 4 (and if you haven't played any of the mgs', get those for ps2 if your ps3 has bc). Uncharted 2 (which I've yet to play) is supposedly AMAZING, both single player and multi, the first one was also good. Killzone 2, from my perspective, is basically a repackaged version of Gears of War 1, very very similar feel (and almost the exact same train level) but the KZ2 online is very unbalanced and I really didn't enjoy it all that much. God of War 3 is also coming out soon (the first 2 were rereleased as well). And if you've ever played Devil May Cry, the 4th one doesn't disappoint.
  7. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Pick up Drake's Uncharted 1 & 2. They are incredible.

MW2 is amazing online after you play for awhile.

Accessory wise I would get the energizer charge and play kit so you can charge 4 controllers at once. And def get a bluetooth headset if you dont have one already.

Finally HDMI is a must if you have the proper TV. Games look incredible
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Bioshock, Little big planet, Dead space and GTAIV. Those are the only games I have so far and they are great.

Upcoming games to get.
    Red dead redemption and heavy rain. BioShock2.
  9. Led

Led Banned

Little Big Planet, Modern Warfare 2, and Bioshock 2. The uncharted series is also awesome.
  10. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Oo if you're a baseball fan MLB the show 10 is considered one of the most realistic sports games of all time. FIFA 10 is also amazing btw