getting a new ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by killerjak7, Feb 1, 2010.

1. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i am getting a ipod touch 3g 8gb what can i use to jailbreak it and how?

my 2nd ipod by the way
  2. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Blackra1n

Make sure the iPod Touch is connected to your PC via the included USB sync cable when running the program on your PC.

Also, iTunes does not need to be running while you run Blackra1n.. every time you turn off the device.. you will need to do the above again once you've turned the device back on otherwise you will not be able use the device at all. It is best to leave the device on sleep mode via the button on top of the iPod itself.. & keep it charged.

You'll need to continue like this until a Untethered Jailbreak is released.. which is being released sometime next week if all goes well with development.

Please Register or Log in to view images

That is all.
  3. killerjak7

killerjak7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    thanks i just needed to be sure blackra1n worked for that model
    i have been kept behind due to my 1g
  4. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    @Enk'
    how do you know an untethered is being released next week? Can you link me to the source please.

OT: yes, blackra1n will jailbreak your iPod. I'd suggest you get sbsettings, and then turn on numeric battery so you know when to stop using it and charge.
  5. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Source? No source. lol

Long story short, I got sick of waiting for it & I'm 100% positive I've found the exploit that Chronic Dev is going on about..

Soo, I'm making my very own untethered jailbreak.. Yes, It's very hard but I'm getting there & what's really cool about it is it's all my own work, nothing to do with Geohot or those Chronic guys..

Also, I've made it so that it's much more easy to use & flashier (eye-catching) than Geohot's "Blackra1n" .. & the main thing, It's untethered!

Got a few bugs to fix just yet & *something* is stopping me from making a jailbreak out of it but rest assured that I will not be giving up & you can expect me to release it within the next few weeks..

Now, I know Chronic Dev might be a bit displeased because of them wanting to keep it secret from Apple so I'm trying to make it so Apple are unable to patch it via an update or whatever.

As I said, It's very hard & I'm very sick of waiting so I got myself to learn all of how the iPod Touch/iPhone 3GS works(Latest MC models) ... & I'm now going to do it myself.. you know..? Screw Geohot & Chronic Dev.. & by the way, I don't know why they are taking donations as money isn't needed to do what I'm doing.

Another reason for why I'm doing this is because I'd love to see all the topics saying "my iPod is finally untethered!!" & all that good stuff.. It's awesome!!

It's taken me around 70-80 hours so far.. & I'm currently still working on it, soo Look out for it.

6. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    evidence maybe? sorry if this is true but with so many PEOPLE out their trying to sell their lies it gets annoying.
  7. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would I want to ... lie?

I'm doing this so I can finally shut down my iPod Touch 3G, I hate having to charge it all the time to keep it "alive"

& I hate seeing that Geohot dude's face on my iPod everytime I jailbreak.. Enough, I say!

& yes, There will be a much better & flashier animation upon jailbreaking it, It'll kill Geohot's one.

Also, I'll probably release this as open-source as I want other fellow ipod hackers out there to help out & because I hate the stupid names like BlackRa1n.. & others.. It's kinda ridiculous.. I'll give it a name though maybe.. but it won't be anything special. As long as it does the job, it's fine.
  8. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not saying you would lie just asking for maybe a screen shot or something.I don't want it to be like greenp0ison.all the hype but nothing to show for it.don't take it personally just hate it when people do that.just trying to factor what is true jailbreaking and what is full of lies.
  9. Enkeixpress

Enkeixpress Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ah k.

Well I have this.. Not much as I just toke it with my mobile phone..

It's just letting me know that "I'm in" .. so to speak

Not very informational, I know.. BUT it's good news.. very good news, plus it is actually quite fun.. a little, not much. lol

I'm working on it right now actually.. It'd be nice if someone could help aswell but I'd have to explain it all over MSN .. not fun haha!

I'll have to go sleep in a bit though as I'm ill aswell so not a good time for me to start doing this, but whatever.. It's got to be done!

10. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    let me pm you if you don't mind?