Getting a Bluetooth headset to work?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by macravin, Aug 19, 2010.

1. macravin

macravin New Member

I know that the HFP profile, which my headset uses, is not supported on the ipod touch, but I was wondering if just like there was a stack to use keyboards on the iphone/ipod, htere was a HFP stack somewhere. To me, this is the biggest limitation that exists on the iPod touch.

Thanks in Advance,

Note: Plz no "use google" comments. I have looked for this fix for a long time now...
  2. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    What do you plan to use with it? The mic?
  3. macravin

macravin New Member

Yes,I want to use the mic and the earphone. If anyone knows how to do either part, plz tell. Oh, and bump...
  4. TouchFaith

TouchFaith New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The stack you're talking about is called BTstack. The developer mentioned that although he does not know how to write the HFP code, he thinks that:

A). HFP functionality should be developed as a separate app.
    B). He is asking iDevelopers to assist in this project.

To date, no iDevelopers have accepted this request. We're on our own right now. If there were an organized effort to find and fund a developer to write a Cydia app, that would be great.

I'm considering creating a social networking campaign to gather folks who can offer money, then perhaps going to Reddit with a, "We've got $5000 for any developer who can make this happen" sort of thing (like 500 people willing to buy an HFP app for $10 each).