iPhone 3GS Getting a 3gs soon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by masterp0606, Aug 16, 2009.

1. masterp0606

masterp0606 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey guys I am getting a 3gs soon and I was wondering what kind of ways I can get data on it instead of a contract with at&t. Like a go phone card or something. I herd of a data go phone with T-mobile.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Well I have one on 02 and Ive never heard of using "Phone Card" Maybe its because in the UK T-Mobile dosent support the Iphone ?!?
  3. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, since AT&T and T-Mobile have different 3G bands, 3G will not work on any carrier EXCEPT AT&T. However, AT&T and T-Mobile have identical GSM bands, so you can use the 3GS with Edge on T-Mobile. I think the options you have are opening a contract with AT&T, or unlocking the 3GS and using it with T-Mobile while utilizing slower Edge speeds. I don't think there's a PAYG data option with T-Mobile, because they recently stopped allowing iPhone users the option of using the 1 dollar a day unlimited data and texts sidekick plan.
  4. masterp0606

masterp0606 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thats what I was wondering if t-mobile did away with that. I may just see if I can get my brother to add me to his line for the 30 dollar data plan and the 10 extra line cost so I will only be out 40 dollars.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I called att and they told me that if I was added onto a service plan That you had to sign a 2 year contract and it's only for the Iphone. Even tho The Iphone would have been paid for,you have to sign a 2year contract for the sim card for it. Is there any way around this.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    All I want the Iphone for is to basically use the internet anywhere and an Ipod.
  5. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, the results for the T-Mobile sidekick plan dilemma are mixed. Some get the response that there's no service in their area, which is most likely a corporate lie. Also, I thought Edge was 20 dollars?

Well if you don't want to have the contract, you can buy the phone commitment free, which is about 600 for 16gb.
  6. masterp0606

masterp0606 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I asked if my brother had one and gave it to me could I just get a plan without a contract and they said with the Iphone to be on a line you have to sign a 2 year contract is that true or did the woman not understand me right.
  7. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think that the no-commitment pricing is basically you pay the 600 or 700, depending on the capacity, so that you can have a contract where you can cancel at anytime without having to pay the ETF.
  8. masterp0606

masterp0606 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I think I am going to pick up my new 3gs 32GB white tomorrow. Wish me luck guys.
  9. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Best of luck to you!
  10. masterp0606

masterp0606 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Well I got it today. It took me a little while to find a place with one but I did it. I added a 32gb White Iphone 3gs to my family of Ipods.