Get YouTube videos into ipod format and ure favorite songs in mp3 format from youtube

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by BigDaveyJ, Dec 3, 2007.

1. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, this is awesome and i decided to give it to all of you guys. (WINDOWS ONLY)
    Download these 2 programs ( virus free )
    http://biggmatt.com/winff/downloads/winff-version-0.291.html
    http://ares-tube.en.softonic.com/

ok after they r both installed go into ares tube and click youtube, (or any others). after, find the video u want to download. then on the top right it should have a green circle. click that when in video watching mode part. after that, on the bottom go to options and pick the spot where u want it to go, (i have desktop) and put it on avi. then click download. once it is fully done, open up winff. add the file/s that u downloaded and pick the type of file u want. if video, ipod 16:9, widescreen. the in the bottom where it says vid size, under in the 2 boxes, put 480 in the first one, and 320 in the second. then hit start converting and it will open command prompt. let it be no matter what and when it is done it will say hit any button to finish. well here you go, if any questions ask me.
  2. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

Usefull, i preferr use UNPLUG (add on for firefox), save the video and convert it, very easy xD
  3. H3X

H3X New Member

http://vixy.net/
    But it can be slow.

Your's works good for longer videos, or if you want to convert in bulk.
  4. BigDaveyJ

BigDaveyJ New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea, i got ares tube from DJ on ipodwizard and win ff from rockbox
  5. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

Win FF!!! Rockbox FTW
  6. Kinetakid

Kinetakid New Member

Winff

for some odd reason winff seems not to be installing. it installs but when I go to open it all it gives me is the folder containing all the extracted files is that where i'm supposed to put the videos?if not call me stupid but can u try to do a step by step of what i'm supposed to see when i install and open the program

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 New Member

I was just thinking, it would be cool if there was a youtube downloader on the iphone/ipod touch.

There's one on the psp, do you think it would be possible to port it across to the iphone/touch?