Get You music off your iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by demosthenes705, Nov 10, 2007.

1. demosthenes705

demosthenes705 New Member

Sorry if this is a repeat.

This process requires openssh and a secure way to sftp into your touch. There are tutorials on that, so I am not going to bother telling people how to do that.

Basically when you login to your ipod go down to the root directory. Meaning down two levels.

Then from there, move to "/private/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Music"

That is where all your music is stored. Start your transfer and let it run.

If people want to know how I found this out is I used putty to login to the touch, then changed to the very real root directory. Then I ran a echo `find / -name *mp3` > FILE.txt

Then scanned the txt file for where all the music was.

Edit:

All your music is going to be in a format like FAQW.mp3 just import it into iTunes and many of the files will be changed back. There was one time that I tried this and not all the names transfered back so good luck there.
  2. Will4042

Will4042 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I use an open source program called floola

its quick and supports many OSes

it would be real pain watch the progress of copying 16gb of music transfer over WiFi via SSH

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. demosthenes705

who knows, I would try it, but I can't ruin this copy of my music. I need it. I managed to rename/ID3 tag a lot of my music files by mistake. So maybe I will try that after i do this.

Also, looking around the forums, I see this was discovered. I put this topic under this forum because it requires a jailbraked ipod to do it with.
  4. bvnazn4life

bvnazn4life New Member

it works perfectly fine
  5. jord

jord New Member

I thought it was kinda obvious there were in the Media folder... and from there, the only place to go is Itunes_control... and huh.. theres a music folder

same crappy 50 folder setup like the other ipods... I hate how they do that
  6. demosthenes705

I never really looked around all that hard. And this was strange. I managed to some how create error files and then earlier yesterday I plugged in my ipod and it came up in windows explorer. I wish i had looked at the directory path to see how it had opened in explorer. Stupid me closed the window right away.
  7. jasonsmith87

jasonsmith87 New Member

firmware 2

Just wanted to point out I tried this today on my v2 firmware ipod and the directory has moved to \private\var\mobile\Media\iTunes_Control\Music\ everything works the same though.