Get winpwn now or wait for 2.5?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by JohnFa, Aug 3, 2008.

1. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

I've never jailbroken my pod before. I was just wondering if I should wait for the new release or go ahead and use the version that's out now?
    I really wanna try to jailbreak it, and I don't know the release date of 2.5, so I'm a bit in a bind

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Go ahead and use WinPwn, but I suggest you read up a little before you do it so you don't mess up and get frustrated; seeing as it's your first time.

And nobody do that "That's what she said" to this post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Are there any good FAQ's I can read? I can't seem to find any good step-by-step instructions on how to install it.
  4. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Heres one too: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84175

I think I'm going to follow that. I'm still on 1.1.4 on my iphone. I was also going to wait for winpwn 2.5 but who knows how long its going to be. I was hoping winpwn 2.5 and installer would be out this weekend but ahh thats not happening and I'm tired of waiting to try out all the the new apps from the store.

I think winpwn 2.5 is going to be more newb friendly and include mainly GUI enhancements seeing that all they posted was a screen shot and did not mention any new things but a look. All I care about is the end result.
  6. JohnFa

JohnFa New Member

Well, I was gonna use the 2.0 firmware.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Is the iPod Touch and iPhone that alike that this guide works for the iPod Touch too?
  7. ipodgamez

ipodgamez Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    just use this one http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84175 its specifically for the ipod touch