Get way more apps out of installer!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by lucass, Oct 23, 2007.

1. lucass

lucass New Member

http://code.google.com/p/iswitcher/wiki/HowToAddSource

this sight will tell you three more sources and tell you how to add them, then you can get way more stuff!!

well i just finished entering the new sources and there are a few new things but ihavent found anything to freak out about.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I'm going through these right now. They seem to be full of lots of garbage. Some themes, some image changes. Some Garbage.

But still, GREAT find. Hopefully they'll add some really useful apps soon.
  3. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Cheers that is really cool...now going to spend some time checking out the programmes!
  4. mitchiee

mitchiee New Member

Were you trying to upload beatphone ? its like 35 mb

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen New Member

Nothing Changes

Hm, it doesn't work for me. After adding sources and refreshing, nothing changes in my install list.

Edit: Ok, I retried the whole thing, seems working now. My bad.
  6. lucass

lucass New Member

i really dont think they will. whats with isaber? how do you get that
  7. SkylarEC

Okay after messing around with iSwitcher, I have to say that I like it. I love how the themes come up as screenshots so you know to what you are switching. It's a great idea, actually. Unfortunately, there are lots of bugs that need to be worked out before this becomes a viable medium of Theme Switching.

also, don't waste your time installing the themes from the "Themes (iSwitcher)" section. They don't work. Or, I guess to be fair to the creators, they probably work, but Installer puts them into the wrong folder. And I really didn't want to be bothered to manually move them.

That said, the theme packs you can install through the "iSwitcher" category in Installer are great. Most of the themes in there are really good looking and worth the download. Unfortunately, since iSwitcher is designed for the iPhone, iPod only icons don't change: ie Videos, Music, etc.

I think with some serious bug removal, and the addition of fuller icon sets, I might not need to use SMBPrefs again.

Thanks for the tip, lucass!
  8. gimchi

gimchi Member

Device:
    iPad
    I got the themes to work in iSwitcher. First you have to change to the iSwitcher theme in Summerboard to correctly view them on the touch. What i cant figure out is how t get the loringstudios theme to work with the touch.

Gim
  9. SkylarEC

It says right in that app's pop up that it creates a new theme called iSwitcher that you need to switch to.

As of right now, you can't get themes like the Loring Studios ones to load up because Installer doesn't put them into the correct place.
  10. maddoggamma

maddoggamma New Member

hm.....

I tried three times,but no iswitcher appears.
    Is this available for ipot?

Please Register or Log in to view images