Get This: January Upgrade AND App Store $9.95

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by bulbous nub, Jul 10, 2008.

1. bulbous nub

bulbous nub New Member

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/07/10/confirmed-ipod-touch-2-0-software-to-include-january-upgrade/

Back in January, many of us shelled out the $20 to get the January Software upgrade. Apple then announced that the App Store would be an additional $10. Ok, fine, whatever. But now they say that the $10 for the App Store will include the January Software upgrade. What?

Apple, you're really going to go through this whole debacle again and hose the early adopters once more? Apple, please, just PLEASE realise that those who give you more money are your dedicated customers. Those who jumped at the bit to get that app pack back in January are your loyals. Try not to screw them over for once, eh?
  2. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Now I regret screwing 20 dollars on it. I could of just had it on my iPod with the jailbreak and then purchased it with the 2.0 upgrade.

Apple you suck.
  3. mdonders

mdonders New Member

Is this definite? I was JUST about to ask this.

I didn't get the $20 software update in January, but if that and the App Store are just $10 I will be so excited.
  4. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

It's confirmed. The firmware has the January App Pack built-in.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Email apple and tell them you want your 20 bucks back thats what i would do. My ipod came with the app pack

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    man that was a major waste of $20. oh well, ill survive i guess, but i hope apple realizes how pissed off some people are gonna be.
  7. mikedavinci22

mikedavinci22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, but what you guys need to realize is they dont care

theyre going to make bank off of everyone like the bloodsuckers we've come to know and love
  8. bepo

bepo New Member

thats why they do it, because no matter what you're gonna stick with them
  9. Gabe

Gabe Member

Device:
    iPhone
    damn you apple$ people. but seriously why would you buy the january update. If you want to be all legit thats totally cool, but if you didn't know about jailbreaking and your on a website thats main purpose is the jailbreak, come on! free for me since I sold my touch a few weeks ago and got a iphone.
  10. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

How are you loyal to Apple if you're b*tching about them? Jesus christ, it's $20 if you miss that then you must be very poor.