Get SHSH blobs AFTER forced update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zune Killa, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm one of those unfortunate souls who has installed 4.0.2 on to my device.....my album and video art/thumbnails got all mixed up and it was getting on my nerves so I restored w/o first checking here and noticing I could have done so w/o installing 4.0.2

Please Register or Log in to view images

But what's done is done, so now i'm trying to get back to 4.0 and have read some posts that tell me I have to have my 4.0 SHSH blobs to do so, others that say I just need to edit the hosts file and do a shift restore using the 4.0fw I have downloaded.

So, is it possible to get ahold of the shsh blobs cydia stored for my device now that i've already upgraded and no longer jb? If so, how do I do this?
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download tinyumbrella and see what shsh it grabs for your device. It may grab the old one if its still being signed but i dont think it is. editing the host file only works if you have shshs on cydia. If you do edit it remember to make a backup
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Were you previously jailbroken?

If so... editing your hosts file to use Saurik's server should solve your problem.
  4. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I ran TU and it only pulled the 4.0.2 blobs

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was previously jailbroken.....so just edit the hosts file and that's it?
  5. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    :\

I've restored to 4.0 without editing the hosts files at least 3 times (one of them was about 3 days ago), and I had backed up shsh on cydia but didn't redirect itunes to cydia. I did it with no problems at all. I don't get how people are having so many problems downgrading. Is it because I was on 4.0 when I restored? Well whatever, this isn't related to you all that much.

I'd say just shift-click and see if it works ok. Apple might get all anal and stop signing everything except 4.0.2, so I'd say try it while you still might have a chance.
  6. Zune Killa

Zune Killa New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm just scared to end up like those poor souls who say they can't get their device to go past the boot screen, recovery mode and dfu mode don't work for them. I already had a scare the other night when trying to restore....I dunno, might just wait for the next official jb to come out.
  7. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try pointing TU to Cydia instead of Apple. I'm guessing you were jailbroken on 3.2.1 if you were on it so Cydia should have stored them.