get rid of screen scratch..F * * K

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by John7435, Mar 1, 2008.

1. John7435

John7435 Member

so all this crap about no scratches on the screen
    it was charging on top of my pc, about 1 foot from the ground and my dog runs through (i just got home) and hits the cable cuz he always freaks out when i coem home
    and the ipod goes down and comes with a huge scratch on the screen, long but not deep and in the top corner it has a weird scratch that makes it look chipped

how do i get rid of it. im extremely pissed cuz i've had it for less than a week
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

In the UK we have the RSPCA who take in unwanted pets that damage electrical devices all the time, I imagine there will be some similar organisation near you that you can take that pesky mutt and keep all your expensive consumer electronics safe for the future.
  3. sleinad

sleinad New Member

haha... i think its not possible to do it, because the screen is glass not plastic like the other ipods... so you have to change all the screen...
  4. John7435

John7435 Member

did apple actually claim that it was unscratchable? or was that just the rest of the world that assumed it
    if they claimed it to be unscratchable, im calling
    PS: rob, you don't have to be like that, you can just answer the question thats all i asked for.. its not that hard to understand is it?
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I know of a substance that supposedly evens out the scratches on the back of you iPod, but I've never heard of something like that for the screen.
  6. John7435

John7435 Member

yeah, i've heard of applesauce and stuff, but applesauce says it's only usable on the chrome back for the touch..which is why im asking because i bet most things would mess up the touch sensitivity
  7. ljensen

ljensen New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    lol... ive tried to scratch my screen and it wont scratch
  8. John7435

John7435 Member

yeah well your lucky, you f***ed with yours and nothing happened but now this happened and it wasnt even my fault and i still get screwed
    does anyone know if apple said it was scratch proof???
  9. Shade

Shade New Member

try sand paper... or even better grab some fine sand put it in the bottom of your locker place your ipod face down and slide it out!
  10. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

@shade,

nice avatar. lol psdtuts.com