get pwnage if you have a hackintosh 10.4.8 or lower

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by aasimbeck, Apr 5, 2008.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    [TUT] Pwnage If You Have A Hackintosh With 10.4.8<

Ok So I Decided to Write A Tut To Help People Get Pwnage If They Have A Hackintosh!
    1. Turn the hackintosh on
    2. Go to system>library>coreservices>SystemVersion.plist
    3. Open that file in text edit
    4. You will see two variables there, the system version
    5. you must edit both for it to work properly
    6. Now after editing the variables save the file to your DESKTOP!, NOTE: make sure that the file has the .plist extension when saving it! mine did not by default!
    7. drag the file back to the core services folder, ok the replacement warning, and authenticate the file copy
    • Thats it, you dont even need to restart! click the apple logo up top and click about this mac! VOILA you have a newer version.
    • You can install almost all the software that requires osx newer version's i installed ilife '08, itunes 7.2, latest version of quicktime.
    • NOTE: this will not allow the sdk to be installed.

Have Fun! this should hold you off till the winpwn release! Feel free to ask questions and leave comments!
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Have you tested this? Because there could be a reason why the program won't install on earlier Mac versions...
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    just tried it doesn't let u save the changes to the plist
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

If you have the know-how, you could try using the sudo command and the plutil command to change the values, through the command line. I'm sure someone here would be able to feed you the right commands if you weren't sure about it.

On the other hand, it probably still won't work and could potentially mess things up..
  5. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

This would be helpful. There is occasions that I need to change a file permission, but it won't let me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    MY BAD! sorry you needa save it to your desktop MAKE SURE THE EXTENSION IS .plist then drag it to the coreservices folder and authenticate it
    Terrbily sorry haha

and the reason is because ipod touch isnt sposta be compatible for mac os x 10.4.8and below