Get it or don't?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by austintan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. austintan

austintan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have heard alot of the ipod touch 4th gen recently. And i am thinking to get one to replace my current 2g.I am wondering if i should get the 8 or 32gb model. But money is the issue. It costs SGD$328 here for a 8gb and SGD$428 for a 32 gb one. I am thinking if i should wait and save a hundred dollars more to get it???

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well it's $100 for an extra 24GB. Or if you look at this way
    8GB: $41/GB
    32: $13.38/GB

Get the 32 I say, it's realy easy to use the space, so the more the better.
  3. jshames

jshames Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    It depends if you feel that your current device is too slow. The 3g and 4g are significantly faster. About 6 months ago I replaced my 1g with a 3g 32 Gb model. The 1g got really slow with the newer firmwares and apps that demanded more power.

The camera is a additional nice gimmick, but it won't substitute for your dedicated digital camera (unlike the Iphone 4 which has a significantly better camera).

It is also reported that the built-in loudspeaker is a little better on the 4g.
  4. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you already have a 3G 32GB, get the 8GB, cause you realy only need it for heavy games and photo's/video's and use the 3G for music.
  5. austintan

austintan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    nah i dont plan to get a 8gb now as i have read about the 8gb model having ridiculous capacity like... 6.5 or what... and they incresde the price of the 8gb and dropped the price of the 32 and 64 gb model
  6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Go for the 32GB.

Either way, you're looking at an upgrade above the 3rd Gen iPod (beyond added cameras). with extra battery, A4 processor and retina display. You're better off with the extra space, too. Completely worth waiting and saving the extra cash.
  7. austintan

austintan New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok... maybe i will only b able to save that much by december
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I think the reason why they decrese the price of the 32 and 64 gb is because that now it no longer comes with a headphone+mic+remote