Get an Iphone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nascar3d, Jul 13, 2008.

1. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

I have been an Ipod Touch 16GB user ever since it came out... but now I am thinking of getting a Iphone 3G... mainly because I want Web and Email access 24x7 without having to be near a WiFi connection...

Since I am a CEO of a company, its important for me to stay in contact with all my clients via "Voice", "Text Message" and "Email"... While the Ipod Touch certainly works well when I am near a WiFi Connection, its pretty much useless to me when I am not... So Hence the reason I am even considering the Iphone 3G.

I have purchased several APPS for my Ipod Touch via the App Store, I would assume that since I own them, when I connect the New Iphone 3G to my Itunes, it will be able to download and give me access to the same apps I buy for the Ipod Touch (and visa-versa). without having to purchase them twice... Is this correct?

BTW, currently I am 1 year into a 2 year contract with SPRINT (So I will have a $200 disconnect fee), in which I don't have any "Data or Internet" plan on my phone and its costing $108 per month... So its pretty high in that regard compared to the Iphone 3G which will be $89.99 + $20 for Text messaging, but I will have unlimted Data/Internet Access... Which is the entire reason for the Iphone for my uses.

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I thinking clearly on getting an Iphone 3G? Sure there are other "Touch Phones" out there, Sprint has the Instinct, AllTell has their, Verizon has theirs, but I am used to using the IpodTouch, so I figure the natural step is to go with the Iphone...

Thoughts? Suggestions?
  2. nascar3d

nascar3d New Member

bump bump
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I recently bought the iphone3g, and I am very happy with it. One thing that surprised me though, is no iTunes store over 3G. I am not sure if you will be able to transfer your apps or not.. ?? You should contact Apple about this before you spend too much $$ on them.
  4. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i myself would glady trade in my ipod touch for an iphone 3G. however i live in vermont which means no iphone

Please Register or Log in to view images

. but yes it seems as though you would benefit very heavily from an iphone and i mean yes other cell phone companies have touchscreen phones. but they all are terrible compared to the iphone. for instance the voyager, for the first week the touch to unlock button works but after that they might as well change it to punch to unlock. i would go with an iphone if i were you. only $2 more a month and so much better of a phone.
  5. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

As long as you sync your devices to the same itunes account you can sync apps and music to as many as you want. I have 2 iphones with 2.0 and have around 25 apps synched on both. If you download apps using the iphone Appstore, when you next sync with iTunes it asks if you would like to back them up (which of course you should do), then when you sync any other device you can add those apps as well.