Get Album covers WITHOUT computer???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by biddychariot, May 23, 2008.

1. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

Hello,

iSlsk is great for downloading tracks on the move and being able to add them to your library. I was wondering if there was an app that would allow me to download the album artwork without having to go back to the computer to do this?

I know I could wait and get the album art through iTunes or other programs, but really want to do it directly from the ipod.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. iPod_Touch_Titan

iPod_Touch_Titan New Member

Thats a good idea, i want something like this as well, im too lazy sometimes so it would make it soo much easier to add the album artwork

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i wouldnt count on that. very menial task which takes 2 seconds on a computer.
  4. biddychariot

biddychariot New Member

True, but if you're away from your computer for a week or so, it's irrelevant how long it would take to do on your computer! Would be very handy when away from home.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Cant you download artwork with iSlsk? I noticed theres a lot more than mp3s on there. I know I have seen artwork files on iSlsk. You just have to figure out were to put them.
  6. legallyillegal

legallyillegal New Member

while this would be a good idea, i was thinking more of being able to import songs/videos remotely, bypassing computer based media management software (does such a thing exist? islsk proves it can be done)

computer->itunesetc->import->ipod<-import<-islsk

edit: yes i realize you can just set up a server and such, but that's a clunky way of doing things
  7. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I usually go to ratemymusic.com and just download the artwork. This doesn't really answer the question though, as while it's possible to download image files to the ipod, I don't know a way to "sync them with mp3s" on the iPod directly, so that it'll appear in the library.
  8. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wow... are you really so obsessed with album artwork that you cant wait a week until you're in front of a computer again to sync? so what if theres a picture of a CD that you'll never see in real life on your screen. a picture of a music note is just as good. in fact, why not just turn your screen off and conserve battery instead of staring at album artwork?
  9. legallyillegal

legallyillegal New Member

why not turn toss your ipod into a ditch and go listen to some birds?
  10. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That made no sense. D:

And I agree, this is a good idea in my opinion. The music note is ugly to look at, and can get a little annoying if away from home for a while, taking the opportunity away to sync.

There is no way right now, but it would be cool if someone made something along this line. Maybe a port of iLyrics. Except with Album Art.