iPhone 3GS Get a 3GS or wait it out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ddraiggoch06, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Ddraiggoch06

Ddraiggoch06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all,
    I've just inherited quite a bit of money recently, and something I've always wanted is an iPhone. I've got the funds to buy one, but am unsure whether it's worth waiting or not in my situation:

I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen right now, which is great. My old phone recently broke however, and I can't seem to find a phone on the market I like except the iPhone. I'm leaving school in May so I need something to be able to contact friends and family with, and email, internet and games on the go really appeals to me.

Do you think it would be worth getting a 3GS? I'm kind of eager to get one, and waiting almost half a year seems rather long to me.

What would you do in this situation?
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i would go for it unless a new iPhone is coming out soon before may
  3. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, it depends. The iPhone is refreshed in June, which is five months from now. If you really want it now, then I say go for it. But you may be disappointed when June rolls around. But if you can wait it out, then do that.
  4. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Dude, I thought the same. I went out and got a 2 year contract with Vodafone for a 3GS...best decision I ever made.

If a new one comes around, I can buy the handset at a lower price by trading in my 3GS, but tbh this will do for a year maybe a year and a half at most.

go for it.
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I say just wait for the next iPhone to come out in a few months (or days), it will be well worth it. Or get a Nexus One

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    get it now. if you don't buy it with a contract, they are absolutely unreasonably expensive (like 700-1000 bucks off the street) and that's why i got a 3g. if you do buy it with a contract (which i'm assuming you will) you will pay 200 now, and if (when) there's a new one in june, you can sell your iPhone for around 400 (keep it in good condition, though) and pick up a new one for around the same price (discounted as an 'early upgrade').

BUT at least wait until wednesday, because who knows, they might come out with a new one, or it might be on verizon.
  7. BigBossMan

BigBossMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well me i would wait it out cause either way your gonna have to wait for a jailbrake anyways for both if one ever dose come out
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

get the 3GS. it probably won't be too different than the new iPhone. besides, the 3GS is really fast and nice to have.
  9. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I was in the same situation and went with a 3GS.

B E S T D E C I S I O N E V E R
  10. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would wait, patience is the key and only time will tell.