Get a 2G now or agonisingly wait for the 3rd touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by B Smooth, Aug 6, 2009.

1. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

I want to get an ipod touch but I've heard the rumors of a new ipod touch, possibly with camera and microphone, coming out. Should I satisfy my desire for one or just wait it out and hope for a "soon-enough" release of a new ipod touch?

When I think about it, the camera doesn't really intrigue me that much as I have a digital camera and also have a camera phone.

What do you fans suggest?
  2. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    although the camera is not a reason you should get a 3G (it will obviously be sh*t lol) the speed should be the reason you wait. the new iphone 3G S was SO speedy. and who knows they might make the new 3G as speedy or just to keep the iphones and ipods apart, the 3G might be a bit slower, but faster than a 2G.

wait it out.
  3. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

Is the speed on it really that much of an improvement?

More importantly, does it really matter that much?
  4. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    see the iphone 3G S speeds was amazing. like apps would open up in literally half a second. it matters because of the apps. apps load up faster and apps run smoother. its just an overall better experience.

but that was the 3G S. they might make the ipod touch 3G as fast as that, they might not.

and speed is not exactly the greatest thing for just an mp3 player. i mean a phone, ya i get it, but for the ipod touch, idk.
    personally, speed on an mp3 player is not my greatest worry. my mp3 player is there for fun and casual music listening. speed is not at all important for me.
  5. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

Yeah, I was thinking that speed wouldn't really bother me. I mean, it's not like the apps are gonna lag out or anything.

Oh and since I'm gonna be a newbie, where's the best/easiest to understand jailbreak guide?
  6. SuperNova

SuperNova Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh ya dont worry about lagging. i have a 2G and it runs amazingly well, even with a jailbreak. im satisfied!

and ummm... one sec. il have to take a look around for you for the jailbreak thing.
    but its so easy. the 3.0 jailbreak for ipod touch 2G was locating the firmware and then putting ipod in dfu and letting program do its thing lol

edit:

tutorial --- http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203161&highlight=jailbreak guide

some sort of guide lol --- http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204973&highlight=jailbreak guide

lol its all straight forward though. nothing to worry about.
  7. B Smooth

B Smooth New Member

Thanks SuperNova, I appreciate the help.
  8. amaan

amaan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'd wait for the 3G if i were u.......the price wouldn't really matter cos it would be the same most probably and obviously u'd get some of the hidden features.....but if all u want is an mp3 player why not buy and ipod classic 80 GB??? they both cost the same, but of course 80 GB classics aren't manufactured anymore.
  9. Kingfield

Kingfield Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wait for it........ waiiiiiiiit for it...
  10. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    if you want an mp3 go for the classic, great device.

But if i was you and wantd the iPod touch, i'd wait a month ahnd get the new device, will be alot better then 2G, might even have a new look, maybe.