iOS 4.0 Geohot

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DWY, Jul 14, 2010.

1. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All I'm seeing and hearing lately about is every ones opinions on how Geohot "retired" from hacking iDevices.
    So I'm going to give my opinion on what's happening. Hopefully make some of you realize that you really need to calm down.

First off,
    What Happened
    Geohot is a famous hacker who first unlocked the iPhone and achieved many other great milestones, like Blackra1n. He jailbroke the iPhone 4 and posted a picture on his blog. Which made a lot of people happy, and of course, begging for a jailbreak. Then a few days later he told everyone that he's retiring from hacking iDevices. Now everyone is getting pissed and making reasons on why they don't care and how he's "immature" and (excuse me) an "asshole".

Why you can be mad
    Like many of you said he is c*cky. He did let a lot of it go to his head. He was sort of stuck up, and he did like the attention. I completely agree with all of you on those.

Why you shouldn't be mad
    He really didn't have to say and do some of the things he did, but guess what, he did. He is human. We all do things we shouldn't. We aren't perfect, and neither is he. Let's put ourselves in his position shall we?
    Geohot: Hey guys, I have successfully jailbroken the iPhone 4. Here is a picture.
    General public: OMG!!!!! GIVE US A JAILBREAK! WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE IT??! I NEED IT NOW NOW NOW!!!
    Now multiply that by thousands in the form of comments on his blog, e-mails, and tweets.
    How do you think you would feel? It would get old after a while and guess what Geohot has been in the scene for 3 years. That's a while.
    So he did have a reason to quit. Who said that he had to stay forever? No one. When did he say he was going to make a public release of the iPhone 4 jailbreak? Never.
    He always pulled through and did great work. I bet half of you complaining about him leaving were the ones begging him to release. And I bet almost all of you used his tools in the past.
    So some of you should re-think your opinion...
  2. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...didn't he say that the picture was fake?
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do you honestly believe the picture was fake....
  4. sethisamazing

sethisamazing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, I know it is geohot (positive), and I also know that jailbreak pictures have been faked...(negative)
  5. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well one he did say it was fake, but on the other hand he sucks with photo editing and making (blackra1n and those icons/imaes).
  6. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Photoshop's a hell of a program.
  7. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yes, but from what i have seen I don't think he is too good with it.

On the good note.
    I am happy he left cause he was full of himself, but I do respect him for his work.
  8. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    • Immature or obscene comments
    Why is there another useless thread about this cumstain... Please mods close this sh*t. We all know he is a c*cky bastard so let's drop the issue andjust wait for the Dev-Team or Comex to release a viable JB.
  9. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it never fails does it?Someone has to put stuff like this^^^!
    I'm all for giving your opinion but don't openly bash the guy!
  10. DWY

DWY Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He was being a smart Alec to those who claimed the picture was fake to shut them up. And metroplex... I have nothing to say to you...