Geohot method or dev team method?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bseels13, Jul 20, 2009.

1. bseels13

bseels13 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Should I use geohots USB dump or dev teams? Dev teams is trickier and I'm too lazy to do it so is it fine if I just use geohots purplerain.com and get the usbdump?
  2. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do either one. But do it quick as in now! If you wait Apple will release their 3.1 update and refuses to sign the iBSS, iBEC, or ECID Purplera1n (iBSS certificate) file(s). Do it now! Why did you wait?

Do this, download the iBSS and iBEC grabber, put your iPhone 3GS in DFU mode, run this program and click watch. Then click the restore button on iTunes. Dont restore before running the program!
  3. Hexane

Hexane New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i thought you just run purplera1n now, no usb-dump crap.
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Do both.
  5. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    use redsn0w, the purplera1n jailbreak forced me to install cydelete to delete Freeze. Cydelete isn't bad, I just didn't wanna have extra crap installed on my phone. Not only that, Purplera1n failed the 1st two times for me. BTW, do the USB dump NOW.

BigBoss Guide to USB Dump (Simple program, automated one click)
  6. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I doubt it held a gun to your head.
    Freeze was a breeze to remove via SSH
  7. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Don't listen to him. That's not a "one click". You still have to restore to do that. Just use the Purplera1n method and download the ECID Grabber.

To use this: Put iPhone in recovery mode (NOT DFU), and then open this (while it's plugged in). Paste it into Purplera1n.com, save it for later.

The Dev's dumb method would require restoring your iPhone (twice, once from DFU) and timing it just right to save a folder that appears in the Windows Temp area for about 20 seconds.

BTW: I have decided I prefer George Hotz' jailbreak over the Dev-Teams. It's quicker, I have found less errors during installation and it doesn't require you to have any stupid ipsw files. Plus the Dev Team was going to make us all wait for about a month, maybe more, just because Apple "might not see all the tweets, and blog posts" about the hack they found to jailbreak and magically not patch it. Like GeoHot said, if they patch the hole, you look for a new one. You don't wait and hope they don't find out.
  8. bseels13

bseels13 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Thanks Clusterfunk. I haven't done it yet becauseI just picked up my 3gs yesterday and went straight to my cottage where there are no computers so I have to wait until Friday to jailbreak it.
  9. pody08

pody08 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    do both just to be on the safe side
  10. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)