iOS 4.0 Geohot leaving scene....

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by chucklz_smiley, Jul 12, 2010.

1. chucklz_smiley

chucklz_smiley Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  2. LOLRECONLOL

LOLRECONLOL Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Good riddance. He did some great things, but it went to his head.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You know what? Good.

People unreasonably demanded so much from this guy, he's done his part.

If you think he's got some sort of obligation to do this, or pestered him over release dates/ETAs w/e, you deserve it.
  4. msami4

msami4 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Interesting...seems he is fed up of the iPhone

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Virtualball

Virtualball Well-Known Member

So... that picture was faked? Am I not understanding this?
    I completely understand where he's coming from, seeing as I've jailbroken every firmware since 1.0, but this is ridiculous. For 1.1.1, I believe one had to go through a leaked 23 step jailbreak that took two hours. Now, it takes a 15 second button press. While that does make it easier and less hack-y, that doesn't mean it's any less technical and difficult. In fact, one might say that to reach that level, one must come up with a jailbreak that is SO advanced that it can be done in one step.

Also, if he has a 4.0 jailbreak, release it. Don't be a whiny b*tch about it. I'm usually on the side of the dev teams in the whole "release it when it's ready/when Apple won't update the sw," but having a "pwnt4life" jailbreak and then withdrawing from the scene solely because people will just "want more" is pretty selfish, IMHO. Give us the one thing we would really want that you already have, and then make your point and leave. More or less, to tease his millions of followers with that and then say "well, now that you want it, you can't have it!" is extremely juvenile and really shows disrespect to his fans, ESPECIALLY by saying that they're not high-brow enough for him.

Fail.
  6. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow, I call BS..I understand how he feels but I can't see him leaving after all he's done and especially after jailbreaking the iPhone 4.
  7. nevernamed

nevernamed New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Who cares..I respect anybody that takes time to do something most of us can't, but this guy has let it go to his head, there are other people out there. I've been around the hacking scene for a long time, know alot of respectable individuals that have done things that many take for granted, difference is with Geohot is that he dangles it infront of us, and then says don't ask me about it. Yet he has a conference. good for him. he brings it onto himself by doing that.... Goodbye dickhead.
  8. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Eh, not so horrible. I mean he's done amazing things for the iPhone and for the iPhone community but I'm sure he's just fed up with all the people emailing him and asking him when his etas are. Hopefully he at least works on hacking some other devices and maybe now he will focus on the PS3 ;D...gotta get that CFW!
  9. Milesneptune

Milesneptune Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    he even said that picture was fake so he didnt jailbreak the iphone 4
  10. xTouch

xTouch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    His fault. I honestly couldn't care less, he just wants us to feel sorry for him and make us care. Its his fault for not actually speaking with us and getting fed up when we ask him a simple question.