Genius Playlists

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by amandwato, Feb 22, 2009.

1. amandwato

amandwato Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    y is it that genius playlists on the ipod are so limited than the ones on my comp? and how can i make it equal?
  2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i think genius only works if you have every info on 'get info' of songs filled out completely...like when you buy then from itunes....if you dl them, then most of those entries are likely to be empty or incorrect and thus genius will not be able to find any matches..

also you have to have most, if not all songs filled out. u can't expect it to work after just filling out one song fully and tapping genius on that song because it will have no other song to try generate since other songs' entries are incomplete

I think genius is pretty useless unless you download and buy all ur music from itunes...not to mention that it doesn't seem to work with asian songs
  3. amandwato

amandwato Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i dont think u got wut i was saying, when i use genius on my comp it works great, but when i use it on my ipod it doesnt work for poo,i have the same songs on my ipod as i do on my comp, it should work just as it does on my ipod as on my computer