Genius, it really is!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by akki007, Sep 16, 2008.

1. akki007

akki007 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Does anybody else think that the genius playlist creation is the greatest thing ever to hit portable music? i do! No longer do I have to sift through 32 gig of music to once again listen to the same songs I listened to yesterday. I am listening to music I haven't heard for years and forgot that I loved.

I do not like apple, but they have got it right this time. Oh so right.

edit: I meant to post this in the 2.1 FW section. Mods, could you move please.
  2. pidr029

pidr029 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if only we can ssh with jb...
  3. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i haven't messed around with it much but it seems really nice.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well you can result such experience with shuffle too ;p but genies allows to shuffle by current music type
  5. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

No, my music collection is too large and varied for it to be of any use to me. I have my own type of genres that break music up into sub-catagories and "Genius" doesn't like that, it prefers to have it's own concept of what my Aphex Twin albums are.
    If Genius allows you to give a "thumbs up/ thumbs down" to stuff that you don't feel fit in a certain playlist like Pandora does then it would be a much better app.
    I shuffle for a random experience and create a smart playlist if I want to hear similar stuff I haven't heard in ages.Smart playlists are a hundred times better than Genius is in my not at all humble opinion.
  6. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    for me it works like a charm! I love it and it does really create cool lists. It's like magic!
  7. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've been trying out the genius as well. After taking some time to go through 40GB of music and figure everything out, genius gave me a few good playlists. I think I'll keep using it, I find it a fresh take on the music I listen to.
  8. Ulysses_609

Ulysses_609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i think genius is badass!! it works really well for me!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Teece

Teece New Member

I really did not want to like it but I do, it has helped me re-discover some of my music. The only thing I miss is the mobile scrobbler.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

Hehe not really, but it is an intelligent idea. Hehe sometimes I play Asphalt4 with the Genius Playlist ON, so i choose a song, and there are all!! Depending on the type of music i want to hear while driving (Rap Metal, like Rage Against The Machine or any other kind of hip-hop music motivates a lot xD) and it gets songs that link each other (artist, album etc...)

Its really cool hehe

Knightmare