genius bar questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tawelton, Nov 2, 2009.

1. tawelton

tawelton New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im taking my ipod touch 2g to the genius bar today and I have previously jailbroken. I restored to stock firmware and i suppose its untraceable. Those of you who were in this circumstance, did they ever ask you questions like, "has this been jailbroken or modded" or anything like that...or do they just do a diagnostic and see whats wrong with the ipod?
    thanks
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

if they do ask you anything about it being jailbroken, just ask them what is jailbreak? they probably might not tell you, but it makes them assume you know nothing about jailbreaking, and keeps you on their safe side.
  3. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    good luck yer as the guy above sed play dumb
  4. cm0794

cm0794 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just at the apple store and had help ... the guy who helped me said as soon as he plugs it in to diagnose the ipod they know if it's been jailbroken or not whether or not you have restored it ... and unfortunately jailbreaking voids the warranty and they can't help you anymore. Good luck with the playing dumb thing
  5. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

DFU or Recovery Mode makes it untraceable, too late for you though, not too late for the OP.

Wait, he just said that, not actually did that? Apple store employees are full of bull.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

True. a simple DFU restore will wipe everything, as long as you DON'T restore from a backup.
  7. tawelton

tawelton New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I am pleased to report that the visit was a success...didn't even have to play dumb lol...got a new iPod just for some pressure caused dead pixels...he wasn't very thorough with checking it out
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, ive noticed that apple employees are very quick to replace your stuff. on my earbuds and wall charger, the guys i went to didn't even wait for me to explain what was wrong. the conversation went something like:

"my wall charger is broken"
    "so if just doesn't work"
    "yeah I-"
    "ok, ill get you a new one"
    goes in the back for a couple minutes...
    "ok, here you go, brand new. Do you need anything else?"
    "no, thank you"

and when i got my touch 1st gen replaced, it was just like the third time i took it in and they guys like:
    "yeah theres something wrong with this, ill get you a replacement"
    no questions asked.
    gotta love apple service

Please Register or Log in to view images