"Generating Key" hanging

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by encity5, Oct 23, 2007.

1. encity5

encity5 New Member

im right now in the process of jailbreaking but right now it seems to be stuck on "generating key, this might take a while" in the tut vids, this part went fast, but it has been 15 minutes already with nothing happening in the CMD. help? should i cancel or keep letting it go?
    quick reply please?
  2. 1pod_us3r

1pod_us3r New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They went fast because they skipped the part while it was doing it so you dont have to look at screen while its installing. You should just wait and "let it do its thing"
  3. encity5

encity5 New Member

lol yea i thought the vid was going to skip that part but it clearly showed that it didnt. after he pressed enter he was talking while the things scrolled in the background, there was no cut off. (they skipped other parts when u had to wait i know, but for this part it didnt hang on their comps like it did on mine) anyways its been over 30 minutes now, and i gave it a quit facotry restoring my ipod now -_- probably will try again with touchfree.
    either way i dont think that the CMD prompt should hang on that part of the instal for that long. everyone i asked has had that part go by fairly fast. I mustve done something wrong in the procedure but this process seems so simple, i dont know what i could have missed.
    Thanks tho for the reply
  4. encity5

encity5 New Member

[update] Ran touch free, worked fine. still unsure of what happen with the automatic jailbreak.bat but touch free worked and im good, thread can be deleted.
    and on a side note, they had to try to make something more simplier/easier than touchfree? it seems like it works in just the same manner except you have to click more with your mouse...unless people actually think thats going to waste your time cause its not as automatic as not using your mouse.