General Slowness.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Touchnoob0211, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have only had these issues after i switched to 2.0 (5A347) and itunes 7.7.

i have restored 3 times on 2.0 btw on all of this, its not one restore.

On the ipod, turning on after turning it off takes quite alot longer.

wiggly icons- thats just a hassle now for me! its really slow. the icons glitch and are stuck for some reason.

safari keyboard cant keep up with me typing like it used to on 1.1.4

the main thing that is suprising why it is is when i hook up my ipod to my vista, it takes a good 2-4 minutes to show my ipod. in that time itunes is stuck frozen. if you unplug the ipod, itunes is back to normal.

the apps take very long to sync! i got a handful i got from itunes and it took a good 2 hours to have them on.

after i open apps that i have gotten from theappstore, wether its straight on my ipod of from itunes, they will open a good 10 times and then the apps load the default screen and crash to the springboard. i have to turn the ipod off and back on for them to work again.

i called apple on all this stuff earlier today, and after talkin for a good 45 minutes, all he said to me was fill out reports on the applications on the appstore.

now, im not trying to complain and i dont want people reading this to flame or anythhing, i typed this for otherrs to see and agree if they have these noticable problems.

im just going to keep restoring. i might even go back to 1.1.4, but doubt it.

thanks
  2. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Ditto with the entire keyboard thing.
    I used to write streams of text with it on 1.1.4 and previous firmwarres. but on 2.0 I seriously cant write a sentance without having to go back and tweak it. I dont know if they have edited the dictionary thing cus damn that thing changes pretty much every thing I write :/
    But the rest of the issues you posted.
    Cant say I have experienced any tbh.
    Also dont flame me for any of this sh*t. Just my take on the entire thing. Just putting it out there.
    Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Infernal

Infernal New Member

Yeah I totally agree with OP.
    I timed the turning on yesterday for me it took 3-4 minutes.
    Typing lags in some applications definitely, I am typing my normal speed then it cant even recognize when I hit the space bar.
  4. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    glad im not the only one. well after seeing the thread about 2.1 supposedly coming out soon and might have abuttload of fixes,, we should have no worries.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Touchbug

Touchbug Banned

Strange, it took 25 seconds for mine to boot, keyboard seems just fine too.
    If its releveant, I've never jailbroken it and I bought it 2 weeks ago.
  6. newdude

newdude New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, what I did notice is when you click on the settings button. It takes quite a while before everything shows up..

I also noticed that when you go to the albums section, you know where you see all those different albums in a slide order. It didn't feel as smooth as it did on 1.1.4.

hmm...
  7. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so I'm not the only either lol, while my boot up times feel as long as they always were syncing is definitely another issue. Whenever I sync my ipod its friggin forever for iTunes to finish backing up my iPod and the app also do take quite a bit of time to load.
  8. davesmatthew

davesmatthew New Member

My ipod touch is only a week old because my old one got washed in the laundry by my fiancee. But I upgraded to 2.0 on the 12th and now my touch is so slow. Upon pressing the power button, I go to slide the unlock bar and it gets all the way to the right and just stays there for about 5 seconds before going to the home screen. All the apps take 5 or 6 seconds to load, sometime completely locking it up. I have the same issues with the lagging of the keyboard. I thought maybe I had too many apps on it but I only have 2 homescreens worth, thats including all the native programs already on it. I dont know what to do. I'm kind of pissed off.
  9. lhinds7

lhinds7 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I haven't experienced any sort of slow down at all on 2.0 so far. Runs at the same speed as 1.1.4. No complaints yet.
  10. Tatsu

Tatsu New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok before I downloaded any games my iPod seemed like it always was. Now after I have downloaded some games (Super monkey balls, enigmo, tetris, trism, crash racing) I am experiencing major lag sometimes. Tap tap revenge sometimes hangs too and the touch doesn't work so it screws up my score as I'm playing a game. Also I've found that listening to my music and playing some games is a little buggy (degraded sound quality as well as artifacts in the music). Hopefully they fix this in the next update.