General questions before buying an Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bunch92, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Bunch92

Bunch92 New Member

Hi,

Can you please let me if the following is possible with the iPod touch :

1) Using Skype , if I am connected to the net and someone calls my skype number, will the Ipod touch ring and let meknowsomeone is calling me ? Even if I am in a different application at the time of the call ?

2) Can I listen to internet radio ?

3) Can I connect the Ipod Touch to the internet if there is no Wifi, for example by using a USB cable on a wired connected PC ?

Thank you for your help
  2. Jadrien Bohnenkamp

Jadrien Bohnenkamp New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    1) u dont get a skype number when u call someone using skype it shows up as a private number

2) yes u can listen to internet radio theres an app called pandora which is an internet radio app

3) no the ipod touch only connects via wifi u cant connect to the internet with the usb to a pc

hope i helped!!
  3. Bunch92

Bunch92 New Member

Thank you very much, I understand 2 and 3.

For number 1, are you saying that skype on the ipod touch, I can only call another skype number, but not receive a call ?
  4. Jadrien Bohnenkamp

Jadrien Bohnenkamp New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    u can call anyone with skype but i think u have to pay for it unless u are call someone on skype then its free. I havent tried it that much tho and when u do call someone like a cell phone it show up as restricted or private for that person recieving the call so im pretty sure that u dont get a number for the person to call u back. so no one can call u only u can call them
  5. Bunch92

Bunch92 New Member

Thank you,

I will only use the Ipod for Skype to Skype , so in my case it should be free to make or to receive calls.

Cheers Jadrien