General Jailbreaking Ques. for 1st Gen iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPinoy, Apr 26, 2010.

1. iPinoy

iPinoy New Member

Hello and good day to everyone.

Sorry if I may sound like a super newbie but here I go;
    What generation iPod Touch is the best to jailbreak or will give me the best jailbreak experience without giving me a lot of difficulties?

Are all 1st generation iPod Touch jailbreakable?
    IE: 1st generation 8 GB, 16 GB etc etc

What if the 1st generation iPod Touch has been updated to the recent software/firmware 3.1.3, could I still jailbreak the 3.1.3 1st generation iPod Touch?

Again, sorry for being a newbie but I have two (1 32 GB, 1 64 GB) 3rd generation iPod Touch and impatient to wait for a jailbreak to be released, I have never owned a jailbroken iDevice so I'm really impatient to experience the jailbreak'd experience. Any help out there regarding my questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Help anyone? 
  2. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    To my knowledge there are no "problems" to jailbreaking (besides the fact that right now 3g ipt's use whats called a "tethered" jailbreak).

All jailbreaking does is allow you to download/install 3rd party apps from developers that: 1.) either got rejected from the app store because the people at apple are monopolistic 2.) Have some legality issue tied to it that would prevent it from being widely sold.
    Also, Jailbreaking your idevice allows for much further customization over your ipod touch in whatever sense that might mean to you (i.e themes, control settings, etc.)

I believe so

Yes, although for a 1st gen im not sure which program you would use. I want to say redsn0w

Hopefully that has been helpful to you and Goodluck!

EDIT: If anyone disagrees with anything posted, please feel free to correct me

3. iPinoy

iPinoy New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Should I purchase the 1st generation iPod Touch or the 2nd generation iPod Touch. My main purpose for buying a 1st gen. or 2nd gen. is to jailbreak it; with that in mind, am I better off with the 1st generation or the 2nd generation iPod Touch? Thanks in advance.
  4. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    2nd. it is roughly 200mhz faster than the first. plus you have a bunch of aesthetic and functional upgrades.

Not to mention the 2g ipod touch is jailbreakable on the latest firmware.

(I am currently using a 2g jailbroken ipt on 3.1.3)

Good luck again

5. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've got both in addition to my 3GS, and I can't stand using the 1st gen. It's way too slow. Even if you don't need the speaker or bluetooth, I'd definitely at least get the second gen, because the CPU makes a huge difference.
  6. iPinoy

iPinoy New Member

Thanks for helping me narrow down my options.
    Since you guys made a valid argument on getting the better CPU iDevice, should I get the 2nd generation or the 3rd generation (8 GB) thats actually 2G and can be jailbreaked (tethered)? Or does 2nd generation and 3rd generation (8 GB) have the same processing speed?
  7. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    The 2g and 3g have the same hardware from what I hear.. They can be used with the same firmware. Each firmware is hardware specific so I see them both as having the same CPU and such. But I may be a little off..
  8. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wouldn't recommend getting another one (you already have 2) unless you are into wasting money. Just because the 3g jailbreak is tethered, doesn't mean you have to turn the ipod off. Plus, a rumored untethered jailbreak is supposed to be coming in the next few weeks (I believe). I can tell you that from owning a 2g, the lack of memory is a pain in the ass. Also, the extra ram would be really good for multitasking.
  9. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Step away from the first gens. That is coming from the man who owns one. Although jailbreaking is simple as the new firmware is out. Apple is dropping support on the first gens. If you check for refurbished iPod 1st Gens they don't even have them. Go with the latest or wait till September to hear about the new iPod touches.

Another note. When buying the iPod always go for the biggest Gigabyte. Apparently, Apple like to leave 'Best Feature' out on lower sized iPods.

-XT1010
  10. iPinoy

iPinoy New Member

So 2nd Generation 16 GB and not the 3rd Generation 8 GB, is my best bet to get the best jailbroken experience? Thanks again for all the inputs. Might order it tonight.