General Jailbreak Path From 2.0->Jailbroken 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by prelic, Jul 21, 2008.

1. prelic

prelic New Member

Ok, so I decided to legitimately buy 2.0, because 10$ to me was kinda whatever, and I really wanted to mess around with 2.0 and especially wanted Cisco support. However, now I find myself wanted to go back to the freedom of being jailbroken (I had jailbroken 1.1.1 before). So I started reading about all the newest jailbreaking apps, and waiting for Pwnage (yay). But I haven't really seen too many examples of my situation (purchased 2.0->jailbroken 2.0), and I've done the whole jailbreaking thing before and read how to use the apps, I just need a general plan...

Do I have to downgrade and then upgrade using downloaded firmware? Can I use the 2.0 firmware I purchased and just pwn it? That's basically the part I'm confused about.

Thanks guys.
  2. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    HERE is a downgrade guide if you want to, since almost no apps are ready for 2.0.

If you have a Mac and want to pwn 2.0, you're in luck.
    Just get the PwnageTool (links on the front page) and let it look for your 2.0 IPSW firmware file. It searches the entire computer so it will find it. Then just follow their instructions, "Easy mode" is really easy

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    BTW: If you downgrade, don't downgrade to 1.1.1, but to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5 and jailbreak with iLiberty or Pwnage.
    If you somehow only got Cydia on your iPod, Installer is installable from Cydia.
    It's still better than ZiPhone. I jailbroke with ZiPhone once and had to restore the iPod, iLiberty was faster and more stable.
  3. leti

leti New Member

That's what I did yesterday.
    iTunes 7.7
    iPod Touch on 2.0 (original)
    Pwnage 2.0.1.: Selected the Original 2.0 file and creaed and custom restore via the easy mode
    Option-Restore on iTune, once the cusmtom restore package was finished, and that was it.

Best luck, mate

PS: I'm a Mac...
  4. bohemian03

bohemian03 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. boebi

boebi New Member