Gen 2 WiFi/Browsing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodbeard, Dec 2, 2008.

1. ipodbeard

ipodbeard New Member

Greetings,

Does anyone have experience with both gen 1 and gen 2s?

I am going to get an 8g iPod Touch primarily for internet browsing, but I'm not sure that I want to spend an extra $50 for the gen 2.

I know that the gen 2 has a more powerful processor, but I don't know if this translates into significantly faster WiFi connections (I've heard that the Touch can be sluggish when connecting to WPA secured networks), faster internet browsing/page loading, faster video playback, or even faster general functioning. I've heard that the gen 2 is better for gaming, but I don't do much of that.
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Don't you have a computer/laptop for internet?
    Its not brilliant internet but its still awesome.
    I wouldn't really reccomend the iPod touch for internet alone but I would say 1st gen if thats all you want...
  3. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

faster processor? that's just for marketing purposes, it's no where near noticably faster... it's like when they say the 2nd gen has better video playback.... ummm its the same. The only real difference it is the internal speaker and volume buttons, and MAYBE a slightly longer battery. If you ask me I'd stick with the 1st gen cuz its sexier and you can jailbreak it

Please Register or Log in to view images