Gemmed!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Gamer_leydee, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Gamer_leydee

Gamer_leydee New Member

I like playing bejewelled type of games when I have just a few minutes to pass, or before I fall asleep to relax my mind at the end of each day.

Gemmed is a really fun puzzle game - it sounds like "yet another" match-3 type of game, but the added twist is so much more fun. I don't think I can ever go back to playing those type of games if they don't have little creatures to be rescued

Please Register or Log in to view images

So you make matches and these little monsters eat the gems to move to the exits. The main goal is to rescue all the monsters from the board. There are many many powerups and very cute animations along the way.

I figured, if I save my powerups in the earlier levels, I can use them to move my monsters around - because the powerups only activate when they are swapped with gems. It's really tons of fun!

There is a lite version too just to try it out but it has only 5 or 6 levels - though it doesn't show everything in the game, it does give you an idea of the game play at least.
  2. Zlatan

Zlatan New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'll give it a try first....
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Looks alright... but I still prefer Trism as my Bejeweled style game.
  4. Gamer_leydee

Gamer_leydee New Member

I am still playing this game...Here is a video of it on youtube from the developers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdwcnfXmbUQ

I have Trism, too. But this one is really different than those games. I like Smiles as well - although I keep coming back to gemmed each time. rescuing the monsters gives me some sort of satisfaction..lol..maybe it's the sound effects..something..they really did a good job.
  5. Lazrhog

Lazrhog New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    give MiZoo Lite a go and see what you think

6. Gamer_leydee

Gamer_leydee New Member

I just downloaded, and played MiZoo. It's a typical match3 game, just with different graphics and elephants running across the screen once in a while. There is nothing else to it. And the moves take a long time (actually bejewelled is laggy too), it doesn't feel smooth.

Gemmed is not about making matches. It's way different. I guess noone can see what I mean without actually playing it

I'm a puzzle game lover, and there is no game out there that I've seen so far that is similar to gemmed. It's definitely a unique concept.