Gelaskins vs Decalgirl?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by RedRoo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. RedRoo

RedRoo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Am tossing up b/w these two...
    Decalgirl is cheaper and has more designs, but does this mean that the quality is lower than Gelaskins? Are they made from the same material?
    I also can't work out why Decalgirl has two pieces to cover the back while Gelaskins seems to have a single piece.
    Does anyone have both by any chance and can make a comparison? Would be much appreciated...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. GelaSkins

GelaSkins New Member

Hi Red Roo,

Well I can give you a little bit of a rundown on the major differences between the two products, in brief of course...

Decalgirl is more inexpensive, however, their material is not the same and will NOT remove cleanly which is where they're able to offer their product cheaper -cheaper material. Our material is a higher quality, removable and repostionsable 3M product that will not form any bubbles when aplying and will not leave any residue when removing - a very important point (in our opinion) when covering your devices.

Decalgirl does have more designs in their stable that we do, but as the old adage goes, " Quantity does not equal Quality". GelaSkins has over 50 artists from all oer the globe ranging from classic to contemporary street art with new artists being released every week.

It comes down to a matter of taste really - is it worth saving a few dollars to stick a piece of 'clipart' on your device that might not come off when you want you or do you want to put some art on your iPod or laptop that truly looks original and makes your iPod or Laptop look unique?

Hope that helps!
    cheers,
    The GelaSkins Crew
  3. Haveugotserved

Haveugotserved New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't really know anything at all about the gelaskins but i got a decalgirl skin and its pretty cool. Its REALLY easy to put on, and ive taken it off like twice and DID NOT leave any crap on my ipod(guy above doesn't know what hes talking about). Its slim, and looks better than like alll the cases i've seen aaaaaannnnndddddddd its cheap
  4. RedRoo

RedRoo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Appreciate your replies guys.

GelSkinsCrew, I guess i need an unbiased opinion. However, while I've got your attention, perhaps I can ask if it is possible to get a CLEAR GelaSkin? None of the designs appeal to me really... at least DecalGirl has a few 'neutral' designs. After all, some people might be purely after protection for their device, not an expression of their artistic taste.

5. --perkz--2k8--

--perkz--2k8-- New Member

if you are looking for a clear one get a invisible shield

6. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah, but invisibleShield has crappy surface, kinda bumpy, and it's hard to apply. I got some dust inside just because it took me 4-5 times (had to take it off and stick it back on because it's hard to place it really straight) to actually apply the thing on my ipod. Overall, I'm happy with it though. I'd recommend getting one of those cases however instead of using stickers which don't really protect your precious from drops.