Gelaskins + Gelascreen Review (pictures)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by John_van, Feb 3, 2008.

1. John_van

John_van Banned

I recently bought the ipod touch Gelaskin and Gelascreen combo from www.gelaskins.com

I have to say, this product is much better than a lot of the stuff I've seen and used.

I've tried invisible shield, and i can't say i was fully satisfied with the texture and feel of the ipod after applying the skin.

So i tried Gelaskins! They arrived 5 days after ordering despite advertising it would take up to 2 weeks international shipping

Here are some pics!

After applying the front screen which is super easy to do, (without ANY liquid spray etc) - it looks like nothing has been put on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

The feel is awesome, it feels just like the glass screen anyways
    Its very smooth to the touch and doesn't come off easily unless you want it to - i had to reposition once.

The back was little more tricky to put on but once its done, it looks real nice
    I thought it was going to peel off, paranoia you see, as i love my ipod touch very much haha - it doesnt at all! I was considering going double with protection and adding another case

But this baby has survived in my pocket with change and all without doing any damage

The back sticker can scratch i think - but its not noticeable at all because the graphics are so vibrant and nice

The weirdest thing is that the front looked scratched for a moment, because i was using something to push out the one air bubble i had, and i freaked out.

The next day it was gone?! i think it has something to do with the fact that its some sort of gel compound which regenerates like a superhero.

verdict
    Gelaskins/Gelascreen combo: 9/10 - JUST DO IT.

Invisible shield: 7/10 - for ME it wasn't ideal - screen looked funny, didn't feel great. Long delivery and annoying to put on. Hard to take off.

Hard case: 8/10 - too bulky - made me feel really safe with ipod though..
  2. toosh

toosh New Member

their really nice, daim is a very good artist i want one of these if only their was someone in the uk who sold them.
  3. John_van

John_van Banned

I'm from the UK too,

Just order internationally, takes 5 days to ship
  4. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Nice! Can you send them your own picture & have them one for you?
  5. TouchyFish

TouchyFish New Member

I bought the We Kill You gelaskin for my ipod photo last year, it's amazing! I'm thinkin about getting one for my touch now. I love we kill you.

6. John_van

John_van Banned

You can but that would mean you'd need to order 50 pieces minimum order, as it'd be too expensive to create just one.
  7. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

Is that a fact? Thanks.
  8. John_van

John_van Banned

i forgot to add, the package deal of gelaskin plus gelascreen means you get one back cover (the graphics) and THREE front protector gelascreens
  9. rinn

rinn Banned

could u post a size comparison picture?
  10. John_van

John_van Banned

Sorry, a size comparison to what?