(GEEK) The iPad is amazing. but why would we need one. lets find out.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by UncleMario, Jan 28, 2010.

1. UncleMario

UncleMario New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hello. and welcome to a GEEK post. i'm Uncle mario and your posting to G.E.E.K, which stands for something really cool that i need to make up. anyway...

so the iPad. if you have NO clue what the iPad is, it's a Device apple Annouced on the 27th/1/10 (yesterday) to come out at the end of march. it's a device to make a bridge from the ipod touch and mac pc. it's an altral cool device, and you probilby still see it in bright lit up lights on the apple page.

There is one problem that, this iPad has. in that it doesn't fit anywhere in the spectrum of useabillaty. it's too Massive to just take out with you to costa and have a cup of coffe with your friends befor going skate boarding, i would feel like a dork, instead of a nerd. (a tragic moment). and it's not pratical enough to use as an alternitive to a laptop. you need a computer to keep it's batty life up. theres no way of managing files on the device. and there is no physical keyboard.
    this device is lost before it comes out. but still. no matter what. i'm still getting one!!.
  2. TDG

TDG Active Member

I think we are all aware of the iPad and its flaws and whatnot. But you know, thanks for telling us again.
  3. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why did you make this thread, it doesn't really seem beneficial or informative in any way.
  4. wat.

wat. New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Um. No.

It comes with a power adaptor. You don't need a computer to charge it. You sync it, then you're done with the computer. Charge with the included 10w adaptor.

Your avatar looks more like Billy Mays than Mario.

I don't take my MacBook, or iPod Touch to do anything like skateboarding. Anyone who would, obviously cares little for their electronics. Just because you wouldn't take the iPad either, it's inconsequential, as the other two ends of the spectrum wouldn't be taken either.

Again, it looks like Billy Mays. Not Mario.

Files are managed just like on a Touch or iPhone. Each app is in it's own "sandbox." You don't need access to the files, as it would be wasted, and a hassle to navigate. Your files are right there in the apps that you use them with.

Billy...Mario? Mario Mays? Milly Maysio?

There is a physical keyboard attachment. As well as an SD card adaptor.

Bario Mays. I think I'll go with that.
  5. Fenderboy

Fenderboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well...at least you managed to spell "iPad" right.
  6. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Also, Bluetooth keyboard.
  7. normalcy

normalcy Banned

Spend more money... I'm sure everyone is pumped up for that.
  8. Touchtacular

Touchtacular New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I LOL'd at his spelling...and his avatar and his writing aren't in agreement; he's not writing in ALL CAPS AS BILLY MAYS MOST CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE DONE.