Gears Of War 3 Delayed until Fall 2011

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by qaiz, Oct 2, 2010.

?

Are you planning on getting this game?

1. Hell yeah! Its the tour de force of the 360

14.3%
  2. I might get it, depends...

14.3%
  3. I'm going to wait for the reviews and then decide

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't even have an Xbox 360!

42.9%
  5. I don't like Gears Of War

28.6%
  1. qaiz

qaiz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Were you one of the millions of people that wanted to get there hands on Gears Of War 3? You know, the multi-Million selling blockbuster franchise.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yeah were talking about this game...

Microsoft stated that this decision was taken due to the fact they want this game to be positioned as the Xbox's big holiday title for 2011.

It has chicks too!

"Gears Of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011" said a Microsoft Spokesperson. "The Teams at Microsoft Games Studio and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the tittle for release in the Spring 2011."

This looks...funny? I don't know, the costumes look...I don't know

"However, We've elected to move the launch of Gears Of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquess tittle for the holiday season."

Kill it with fire!

Bold claims indeed for the game that piratically defined the Xbox 360 this generation and will define the Xbox for years to come. This push will hopefully allow the game to be more polished and better as it is nearer to release.

Epic Games Executive Producer Rod Fergusson said:
    "I know fans are going to be disappointed with the new release date, but rest assured that this is a business decision between partners, and not a quality issue. Gears 3 was on track to be the most polished Gears of War game ever when it released in April, and this additional time allows us to polish it that much more before it hits shelves next fall. Next week we have a major multiplayer press visit at Epic HQ, and I'm really looking forward to the fans seeing and hearing about Gears 3 versus multiplayer for the first time. Lots more exciting news to come."
  2. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Lame.. I've never been a big fan of the Gears series (took me a day to beat the sh*t on co-op with Gears 1) but after playing thru Gears 2 a little bit it made me want to actually play more..
  3. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I could care less.
  4. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does this mean it won't be as glitchy as hell this time around considering how much time they have to spend on it?!
  5. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    no when it first comes out the mutiplayer will be laggy and ranks will be medals
    then later it will become balanced and every weapon will have reduced ammo oh and your rank will be reset many times into number format from 1 - 100
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well they said it was on track to become the most polished gears yet, and now they have another 5 months to polish it up!