Gcal sync with iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jholmes8, Dec 21, 2007.

1. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

Has anybody found a solid workaround for syncing their Google Calendar with the iPod touch? Hell, i'd even take being able to change the calendar icon to link to your online Gcal then to have it go to an empty calendar on my touch.

I still find it hard to believe that Google and Apple have not gotten together on this yet to allow users to sync. Even my contacts have to be imported from my Gmail account into Windows Address Book and then uploaded to the touch. If stuff like this could be fixed to be more convenient for Google users the touch would be a much more handy device. Given that Apple and Microsoft are competitors, its strange that they would make everything functional with their stuff and nobody elses.
  2. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Go to calendar.google.com in Safari and then log in.
  3. matriculated

matriculated New Member

mnplight can import gmail calendars.
  4. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

Yeah thats not at all what I asked but thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

Thanks, i'll give that a try

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Search for google calendar to iPod. There's a billion results that could be of use.
  7. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

You know what makes forums such as this one, not fun to use? Losers like you who think their superior to everyone and that everyone else is an idiot.

I did use Google genius and didn't find anything that helped or worked well for me, hence the reason I posted it on a forum thats for chatting about the iPod touch to see if other iPod touch owners had figured something out that may be helpful, imagine that.

Edit: As much as I love c*cky 12 year old know it all moderator-wannabe's, can't they put an age restriction on this forum for at least 18 and up?
  8. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Screw you! I was giving you an IDEA. If you already tried out my IDEA then that's great, but you don't need to b*tch around about it.

Also, I'm not a c*cky 12 year old and I sure as hell don't know everything and I have no intentions of trying to become a moderator. People like you who cry about a suggestion are the ones that are no fun.
  9. yaz

yaz New Member

Google calender sync

you can sync you Google calendar to iCal on your Mac.
    Google will give you a URL for your calendar then you just subscribe using iCal.....
    works great.
    Then when you attach your touch to your mac it syncs your iCal calendar of choice
    Marty
  10. jholmes8

jholmes8 New Member

Yeah i've heard that works well but unfortunately i'm stuck on XP. I'm gonna try and borrow a copy Microsoft Office and see if syncing Gcal with Outlook is in any way convenient (I doubt it)...

Really it shouldn't be this hard. There should simply be settings within the calendar to import feeds. You could set it up just like you set up your pop3 email, its not that hard. Its stuff like this that makes me wonder sometimes why they make things that can be so easy and convenient for so many users so inconvenient.