GBA Save Files

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Superstar, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hey!

I was wondering if it's possible to download a save file from a site like gamefaq and then load it up on gpsphone? I've tried but it's more than a drag and drop situation.

Thanks!
  2. Superstar

Superstar Member

Anyone have an idea?
  3. cctigerrunner

cctigerrunner New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the only way that i know how to do it is (assuming that the gamefaq saves are in a gameshark format) to download the file, open up the rom on a pc emulator (visualboyadvance works best), and then on the menu click file, import, gameshark snapshot, and then choose the file that you downloaded. it should open up the rom correctly, and then you should be able to load the save game through the regular method. then, once you've loaded it, save within the game. then find the .sgm file that matches with the rom, and upload that through ssh to the roms directory.

so yeah, it's more than just point and click
  4. whitka

whitka New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need a .sav file. Just search on this site for the save files. Use GbsPhone and SSH into in and open it up and find the save file. Drag it in and change octal to 755. Gottba be same name as game. Hope this helps