gba roms won't save (not just pokemon)

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by jieo, May 4, 2008.

1. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so i downloaded all the gba bios and stuff (without a computer btw) but after and wen i want to save the spot were i'm at in the game it says like (kinda 4got wat it said ok) sumthing over right and yes and no and ya i said yes overright but wen i checked my saved ggames it didn't Y!?!?!?!?!?!??! kinda getting really annoyed but like sad cuz i wanna PLAY IT

Please Register or Log in to view images

PLZ HELP ME

2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Open a terminal and type this exactly:
    chmod -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA
  3. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok um wtf is a terminal HAHAHHA srrryyy lol i'm such a newb ummm ya......... so where exactly is it????????? and um how do u do it ????? again srry i'm a TOTAL BIG NEWB at this
  4. Paintball

Paintball New Member

You have BSD susbsystem installed, right? most likely you do. Go into Installer and find term-vt100 and install that. then open that and type what I said above into it and press enter. Some lines of text will come up. If it says the directory is not found, retype the comand EXACTLY how it is above. If it says "chmod: command not found", then install BSD subsystem.
  5. OyvindF81

OyvindF81 New Member

hmmm...
    Tried out the chmod command for both my Gba and Snes roms,but i get a msg sayin operation not allowed or something like that.
    Anythin i've done wrong,or should i just try to start all over and install everything from scratch?
    Thnx for help
  6. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so ya just tried a few minuetes ago and ya i got the same msg wats up with that i tried it like 3 times but thanks 4 trying

and ya whoever can help PLEAZE HELP
  7. Paintball

Paintball New Member

oh, I think you need to run it as root. first type:
    su root
    then where it asks for the password, type
    alpine
    but it wont show anything as being typed. But you still need to enter it. then run the above command.
  8. Ayyjayyyy

Ayyjayyyy New Member

go to your ftp program and change your /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA to 777. to do that open your ftp program and switch ever folder to 777 by right clicking it and go to properties. change to 777 and click ok. do that for every folder and every rom in gba.

for example:
    change private
    var
    mobile, etc, etc

hope this helps.
  9. Armando-92

Armando-92 New Member

"chmond- R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA"-bad comment for terminal

thank you very much ...paintball......!!!! I have type in the link in the terminal you had written here.."chmod -R 777 /private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/GBA" and now my gameboy screen is smaller than before..much smaller....thx....maybe you know the command for deacktivate this small screen...??? plaese help

Now i have another problem!!!!!!
    I wanted to jailbreak my ipod touch again...so that the new jailbreak all seettings remove from my ipod...but now this text comes and comes again....my pc dont see the ipod touch...and when i want to restart the ipod( with home button and the other bottun) it restart but this text comes again and again....

when you have an idea please help !!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP.....I CANT USE MY IPOD!!!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE
  10. xboxburner

xboxburner New Member

does anyone know if this will work for gbc also?
    if not plz tell me how to do so for gbc, had it at one point but my ipod broke so i had to format it