GBA emulator trouble (not the usual)

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by The BEAST93, Mar 24, 2008.

1. The BEAST93

The BEAST93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    okay so this is what ive done so far. i have the gba emulator installed, i added the bios folder to it and changed the permission to 755. (question: do i take the gba folder out of the file when i copy it or leave it in the file?) i added the fire emblem sacred stones ROM to the ROMs/GBA folder (i havent moved var, root or anything else anywhere). i changed the permission on the GBA folder to 777, and it still says there is no ROMs on the ipod. this is my first time using SSH so i dont know any terms. i got a successful connection using a 1.1.4 jb ipod and vista, but the ROMs dont show up on the emulator. what am i doing wrong? do i need to download a patch? what is the source for it? someone help
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

On 1.1.4 when you SSH in you will be in /private/var/root, but for gpsPhone you need to be in /private/var/mobile so you need to click the up arrow folder once, click mobile, click Media, create folder ROMs, create folder in ROMs GBA and then upload you file there. To ensure you can save games you must read:-

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=378688#post378688
  3. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

first of all, check the version of your gpsPhone 1.5.0 is the current one
    then check if you put the ROMs in the right directory, its /var/root/ROMs/GBA because you haven't moved your root folder to mobile
  4. The BEAST93

The BEAST93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    thanks for the help! ill update if it works
  5. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

great ill check in a few min
  6. The BEAST93

The BEAST93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    unfortunately not... you mentioned moving the root file, is this a successful way to do it? i tried both the /mobile/media/ROMs/GBA way, and the /var/root/ROMs/GBA way (the ways mentioned above) and neither worked... will moving the root file A. work and B. will it mess with the data in any way?
  7. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

no it is actually suggested if you do move your /var/root/ to /var/mobile because many apps in installer will use /var/mobile, like customize, summerboard, etc.
    without moving it, you will not be able to use customize.

it will seriously mess up your ipod if you type the command wrong, so dont make a mistake typing the commands. (by seriously i meant you need to restore, nothing bigger)
  8. The BEAST93

The BEAST93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    whoa problem found.... my gpSPHONE is version 1.1.2 .... what repo is 1.5 again?
    also can i install it using winSCP and how do i do that?
  9. The BEAST93

The BEAST93 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    really? i never moved them and i use customize AND summerboard, and right now i have everything customized on my ipod, works fine.... anyways, ill try that too
    what commands do i enter?
  10. kimt08

kimt08 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    repo for gpSPhone 1.5 is http://zodttd.com/repo

Please Register or Log in to view images

you can just install it from installer