GBA Emulator problems... Please help! :)

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Thanman, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Thanman

Thanman New Member

Hey guys, I can't seem to save my games I play... I am pretty new with all the techy lingo, so take it easy on me regarding terms lol... so anyways, I play the game (lets just say pokemon fire red), and when i first start it up it says "The 1m sub-circuit board is not installed" I'm thinkin this has somthin to do with the problem, so then i get passed that message and i start playing, when i get off by pressing that z button, it doesnt ask me to save it just goes back to the gba main screen. Also when i try to save in game it pops up some error message.... can anyone help me out with this?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

hmmmm, I have never heard anything like this. well, i think i can help your saving problem. Have you set your properties correctly? if not, ssh into your ipod. the go to where your gba folder is, and then right click on that folder and go to properties and set them to 777. then select all of the files inside the folder and set them to 777. if that doesn't work, i would re-install it. hope this helps.
  3. Thanman

Thanman New Member

Hey thx man... i dont know what it means to ssh my ipod tho... couldu baby step me through that one? lol... and responding to cOTH, I dont know what it means to chmod... could u tell me what that means and also baby step me through that process as well... thx alot both of yous i was worried no one was gonna help me with my problem...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanman
  4. rb290

rb290 New Member

to SSH into your device you have to use a program like WinSCP, if your device is connected with wifi to your home network then you need to get the ip address your ipod/iphone is using by going to the wifi settings and put that into WinSCP, it will also ask for a user name and password, user: root and password: alpine, it will log in to your devices files and folders

to chmod you can just right click on the folder or file and go to properties, it will have few numbers in a box for example 0775 or something

you can change the numbers there.
  5. Pwnage Productions

Ok, here is your baby step guide

1. Download winscip (google)

2. open the file, and where it says "Host Name" type in your ip address. You can find it by going in your ipod and on your ipod Settings/Wifi/ click on the blue arrow you are connected two/ and then it will say your ip.

3. Your user name is "root" (without quotes) and your password is "alpine" no quotes.

4. you should be able to connect into your ipod

Hopfully coth or someone will explain how to set your permissions correctly, if not pm me. Hope everything works out.

6. Thanman

Thanman New Member

Hey I tired changing the permissions, and it gave me this message cannot change properties of the file, "GBA". Comman 'chmod 0777 "GBA"' failed with return code 137 and error message -sh: line 66: 2653 Killed chmod 0777 "GBA'......-------- ok soooo what do i do? thx for the baby steps man

7. Pwnage Productions

hmmmmm, maybe this will work. empty your current GBA folder and then delete the folder and try to make another GBA folder. if that doesn't work, i do not know

BTW, what firmware r u on?
  8. Thanman

Thanman New Member

well I tried doing what you said, but it still didnt work... in fact i cant edit the permissions on any file, i found... btw i have 2.1 firrmware... I just dont get it... this is a frustrating problem, thank u for sticking with me and helping me out...

Oh, and i was thinking.. about that message that pops up, "-sh: line 66: 2653 Killed chmod 0777 "GBA'" well im thinkin maybe this problem has to do with that SSH app that i had add. what do u think?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    thx everyone for helping me out! I finally solved my problem!

I found on another site how to fixit... all i had to do was use wnscp and when connected to my ipod i needed to command the following: "chown -hR mobile /var/mobile" and that fixes the problem.

9. Pwnage Productions

Glad you fixed it, now we got to get someone to close the thread. and by the way, your welcome, and have fun!

10. Bouattour

Bouattour New Member

hey I have the game Dragonball z: the legacy of goku and each time I turn it on it says : This program will not run with the hardware found.
    What should I do for it ?