GBA Crashes permission help

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by ebie36, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ebie36

ebie36 New Member

ok I put the bios in the right place and also the roms, I basically did everything via ishare on my iphone. I have both squid and finder apps. My question is how do you change the permissions to 755 on the iphone. Both programs only seem to look at the file but not change anything. I have ssh on my computer but for some reason it doesn't work for me idk why I have the user name and password but it still doesn't connect...anyway someone help me dammit! Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nodfyr

nodfyr New Member

If you want to change the permissions to something using finder simply touch the file, then modify (which is in the bottom of the screen) and you should get a pretty intuitive interface for changing permissions. However, this doesn't work on my iPod for no apparent reason. So I would use the terminal instead. To do it open the Term-vt100, and after imputing your password, type (1)

chmod 755 /private/var/root/Media/ROMs/GBA/*

later you can also type

chmod 755 /Applications/gpSPhone.app/gba_bios.bin

to enable the permissions on the bios file. If your bios file is named something other than gba_bios.bin, then replace that with the correct name.

Hope this was helpful!

(1) Each permission is actualy a binary number with three digits, the first digit (i.e. that with the highest value) representing read, the next write, and the last execute, so 101 in binary would represent a 5 corresponding to read & execute. If this footnote is confusing, simply ignore it.